Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Gay Couple on Disney Channel, Your thoughts?

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2014 at 10:25 AM
  • 73 Replies
15 moms liked this

Personally I think This is awesome! 

Disney has taken a HUGE step in my opinion. Not only did they introduce a gay couple onto the show they also showed the HAPPY child of said gay couple. All I have is a HUGE thumb up for disney. 

I know this topic will controversy. I am sorry ahead of time if this topic offends anyone. 

In my opinion personally people are people. We should all have equal rights. As for the bibical side of this I'll use this quote "Do not judge me because I sin differently then you". 

Thumbs up for Disney good

by on Jan. 29, 2014 at 10:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MelanieMans
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 10:27 AM
5 moms liked this
Except being gay isn't a sin and people shouldn't live their life by a book written 200 years before science and thought a whale was a big fish.
steffielou_who
by Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 10:28 AM
I think it's awesome.. good for Disney..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LadyBug190
by Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 10:30 AM
1 mom liked this

You just made my morning ^_^ I completely agree but I wanted to throw it out there for people who are sensitive about religion. 

Quoting MelanieMans: Except being gay isn't a sin and people shouldn't live their life by a book written 200 years before science and thought a whale was a big fish.

MelanieMans
by Bronze Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 10:39 AM
It just aggravates me when people say homosexuality is wrong simply because the bible says so. I'm bisexual and I believe in God.

Quoting LadyBug190:

You just made my morning ^_^ I completely agree but I wanted to throw it out there for people who are sensitive about religion. 

Quoting MelanieMans: Except being gay isn't a sin and people shouldn't live their life by a book written 200 years before science and thought a whale was a big fish.

Kitty_Myrick
by Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 10:40 AM

Can I get more info on this.  You know the show and all the details on the story line.  I'm just curios how they handled it.  I don't have any TV right now at all so I'm behind and lost for pretty much everything going on in the world.

cat 

LadyBug190
by Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 10:44 AM

Agreed. I am also bisexual and believe in religous things so to me its no big deal the child is HAPPY.

Quoting MelanieMans: It just aggravates me when people say homosexuality is wrong simply because the bible says so. I'm bisexual and I believe in God.

Quoting LadyBug190:

LadyBug190
by Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 10:48 AM
2 moms liked this

Hi , No problem!

Jan. 26 Disney aired a same sex couple in a popular childrens show "Good Luck Charlie" which is about a little girl and her very weird family. Though they are weird they all love each other. When the final episode aired they discovered that Charlies friend Taylor had 2 mommies! Taylor is a happy child. Disney got mass amount of e-mails from people who were out raged and "exclaimed my child is to young to handle such topics" Disney had no comments and aired the episode anyway. 

Quoting Kitty_Myrick:

Can I get more info on this.  You know the show and all the details on the story line.  I'm just curios how they handled it.  I don't have any TV right now at all so I'm behind and lost for pretty much everything going on in the world.

cat 

Kitty_Myrick
by Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 11:05 AM

lol that pretty slick the way they did it.  Too young what a load.  New neighbor boy thought my best friend was our sons other mommy.  Witch was funny because he had met my husband before he met me. And this day was the fist day he had ever seen her.  But what ever had a good lough.  He is 7.

Thanks for the 411 

cat

Quoting LadyBug190:

Hi , No problem!

Jan. 26 Disney aired a same sex couple in a popular childrens show "Good Luck Charlie" which is about a little girl and her very weird family. Though they are weird they all love each other. When the final episode aired they discovered that Charlies friend Taylor had 2 mommies! Taylor is a happy child. Disney got mass amount of e-mails from people who were out raged and "exclaimed my child is to young to handle such topics" Disney had no comments and aired the episode anyway. 

Quoting Kitty_Myrick:

cat 

LadyBug190
by Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 11:09 AM

No problem :) 

It's a sensitive topicin my household. My mother still doesn't accept that I am bisexual which is going to be an issue. Considering currently I do see myself with someone female it's going to be rough. 

Quoting Kitty_Myrick:

lol that pretty slick the way they did it.  Too young what a load.  New neighbor boy thought my best friend was our sons other mommy.  Witch was funny because he had met my husband before he met me. And this day was the fist day he had ever seen her.  But what ever had a good lough.  He is 7.

Thanks for the 411 

cat

Quoting LadyBug190:

Hi , No problem!

Quoting Kitty_Myrick:

cat 

johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Jan. 29, 2014 at 11:32 AM

Awesome!I have a close friend that is gay.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)