Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

house cleaning

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2014 at 4:54 PM
  • 20 Replies

Poll

Question: How clean is your house?

Options:

spotless

tidy

messy

filthy

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 28

View Results

Ive kind of given up putting stuff away with a 18 month old. My house is clean but anything ds can pull out he does. I tidy up while he naps an as soon as he wakes up he goes around pulling all his toys out and anything else he can reach. My house looks like a toy store exploded. So just wondering what you other moms do or not do?

by on Jan. 29, 2014 at 4:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Jan. 29, 2014 at 5:17 PM
Pretty tiday.I had a big plastic bin downstairs for his toys.
JTE11
by Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 5:59 PM

I just finished cleaning day so it's spotless but as soon as DD gets up from her nap it will descend into "tidy" or even somewhat "messy" territory if she decides to pull out a lot of toys. We always clean it all up before bed, though, so it will be clean again later.

Kitty_Myrick
by Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 6:01 PM

My house is clean as in your not going to get sick in where but you might brake your neck on the way to the bathroom.  It's this bad because I haven't been in the mood.  But the dishes are dune and the counters wiped. My two year old when on her best impression of a paper shredder this week so I looked around said F it and sat down to watch Tinker Bell with her and the one year old.  It will get cleaned before Super Bowl. Like maybe Sunday morning.  I'm just having on of thows weeks you all know what I mean.

cat 

chic-wildflower
by on Jan. 29, 2014 at 9:09 PM

I strive for "spotless", prepared to accept "tidy", sometimes reluctantly tolerate "messy".....but never, ever, accept "filthy".

aehutmacher
by Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 9:11 PM
I wish I could vote twice!

Mine is tidy now (because DH just got home and I want him to come home to a clean house) but more often than not, it ps pretty messy
Mrs.Bolin
by Gold Member on Jan. 30, 2014 at 12:20 AM

I couldn't vote. There is no option above for my house. Its not messy but its not tidy. Im a mom of two childrent under the age of 5. i just live life to the fullest

Shelly126
by Michele on Jan. 30, 2014 at 9:05 AM
I didn't vote because my house is usually spotless and tidy. I clean daily and keep our house very organized but I have 3yr old twin boys and they could easily make the house go from spotless to tidy with all their toys. I don't let them take out all their toys from the playroom and into the living room all @ once. If they are playing with their hot wheels and racetracks and want to play with something else, we clean up and go get a new toy. They have hundreds of hot wheels and figures so it can easily get out of control if I don't make these rules.
I also have storage ottomans in the living room, storage baskets in the lower 3 shelves of the bookcases and a big basket on the floor for quick clean ups in the living room.
We clean up all our toys before nap time and before bedtime too. I'll admit, I do most of the work but they must help.
mrsnoble2004
by on Jan. 30, 2014 at 10:56 AM

I'm going to go with cluttered. It's clean but the toy store explodes as soon as you pick up. My son is 14 months.

Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2014 at 11:04 AM

My house is clean but messy.  There is no keeping the house prestine with a 10 year old, a husband,  2 dogs and 2 cats.  I officially give up.  No matter how often I vaccum there's always pet hair somewhere, I mop my floors, there's BOUND to be something spilled on it, I clean the kitty litter and clean that area within an hour, there's litter scattered on the floor around it even with the special mat.  My husband leaves his dishes in the sink even if the dishwasher is 2 feet away, my daughter has a nasty habit of not putting her stuff away or in the trash whether it's packaging, milk, crayons etc...  I'm incredibly fed up of constantly picking up and scrubbing the house down.  On Saturdays DH and I do a deep clean, the rest of the week I do what I can but I gotta admit somedays I just give up, and let it be.

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2014 at 12:06 PM

Mine is always mildly messy.  I try to at least tidy up.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN