Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Am I the only one. *update*

Posted by on Jan. 29, 2014 at 11:48 PM
  • 20 Replies
2 moms liked this
Who feels more comfortable cosleeping with an infant than with them in the crib? I feel more secure knowing she sleeping good next to me. Whem she's asleep in the crib I'm getting up every 15-20 mins checking on her. When she's with me we both sleep soundly. Lol

*update
thanks everyone for you replies. My mil thinks I'm out to cause our ds harm because we cosleep. While I'm awake she sleeping soundly in her crib. Then when I go to bed I lay there on my phone waiting for her to wake up. The first time in put her to bed she usually only sleeps 3 hours or so, so I'm not laying awake all night. Lol. I'm usually only in bed for 30mins before she wakes up and then I bring her to bed with us. Dh doesn't move much in his sleep and I have my hand on her and move dh or her accordingly if the need arises. After coming to bed with me she sleep pretty much all night, waking once or Mayne twice to nurse. Shes not really waking Jonathan all, just popping back on. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 29, 2014 at 11:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Sparkler16
by Member on Jan. 29, 2014 at 11:49 PM
My babies have and do sleep in their own rooms in their own beds and cribs and are just fine.
johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Jan. 30, 2014 at 7:28 AM

We co sleep for a while.

chanelle25
by on Jan. 30, 2014 at 7:35 AM
Jayden has his own bed in his own room, he will crawl in by us at about 4 in the morning, which is fine. But I have a friend who had her kids sleep with them in their bed, her son is in grade 8, and last year he still went and slept in his moms room...a kids room is his space and you should give them that space. If you scared get a monitor. Worked wonders when jayden was younger.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Jan. 30, 2014 at 11:52 AM
3 moms liked this

I felt more comfortable with DD sleeping in her own crib.  I always had a fear of hurting her, rolling over while sleeping so big no for me.

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Jan. 30, 2014 at 12:09 PM

I did a little of both...but did get them used to sleeping in their own bed.

Aujonfire
by on Jan. 30, 2014 at 12:21 PM
We tried it but we kept waking him up by tossing and turning.
Bribriesmom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 30, 2014 at 1:22 PM
We co sleep a lot. My daughter takes over my bed when she does. I sleep better when she's in her crib, we had to co sleep when her molars came in, she crawled all over me, pulled my hair and just wanted to be hugged.
jky_67
by Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 12:29 AM
With my first, no, everything was by the book and was bottle fed. With the 2nd, I breast fed and I really didn't know when he'd get hungry (I was low flow and he never really got full) so I slept with him so he could roll over and feed whenever he got hungry. 4 years later, he's still sleeping with me and if I'm not there, he'll wake up looking for me. I'll transition him to his own bed...soon😉
goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 31, 2014 at 8:59 AM

I never co slept.

mom2the.rescue
by Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 9:41 AM

I don't have any babies anymore, but I was that way too.  If I wasn't getting up every half hour to check on them, I layed there not sleeping, either listening to make sure they were okay, or waiting for the next time they got up.  When I had them in bed with me, I slept well enough but not deeply.  And they were much more content.  

I remember with my first baby, fighting the urge to co-sleep...b/c I read so many damn baby books and listened to everyone who had "advice" for me.  We had one horrible night after another.  I finally gave in and brought him to bed with me.  And things were great from then on.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)