Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My brother is getting tested for HIV and cancer

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2014 at 2:47 AM
  • 25 Replies

So back in October my brother went to the doctor cause he had lost like 40 pounds for like no reason and they tested him for diabetes cause it runs on my mom's side.  Well that came back negative and we moved on thinking it was stress from a new job.  Well flash foward to Christmas time and he is still loosing weight.  So my folks took him to see a doctor again.  And he had blood drawn and they are testing it for HIV and his doctor is also wanting to test for cancer thinking it might be lung.  My brother called and talked to me today about all this and it's nuts to hear.  The worst is the waiting now cause it's the unkowning....

by on Jan. 31, 2014 at 2:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Alustriel
by New Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 3:03 AM
1 mom liked this
I'm sorry...Saying prayers for him and your family. Neither is easy to deal with.
godsgirl26
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 3:16 AM
1 mom liked this
I will be keeping you guys in my prayers. As a member on CM that is so hard to hear and I know its even harder to hear as a sister. Please keep us updated.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
caligirl7613
by Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 8:41 AM
2 moms liked this
i hope it all works out. losing that much weight is alarming but doesnt have to be a death sentence. it could be something not quite as bad. im sure with family around to support him everything will be fine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
goddess99
by Michelle on Jan. 31, 2014 at 8:56 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry. Good luck to him!

johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Jan. 31, 2014 at 8:59 AM
1 mom liked this
So sorry.I have been tested.My ex finance was in the navy and he was with some women in Thailand.
natural_s
by Bronze Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 10:40 AM
1 mom liked this

So sorry that your family is going through that. I will keep your brother lifted up in prayer.

It's hard to hear when a loved one is going through something, but sounds like he has a very supportive family and that is the best thing for him at this time.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 11:27 AM
1 mom liked this

The waiting is the hardest part. I hope it's nothing serious. Does he feel sick?

mylilprincesses
by on Jan. 31, 2014 at 11:51 AM
1 mom liked this
Oh my!
m.garcia21
by Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 12:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Im sorry. Hope everything turns out ok. Keep us updated
la_bella_vita
by Bella on Jan. 31, 2014 at 1:00 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm sorry : ( Keep us updated and good luck

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)