Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

this is sick what she has done to this poor little girl. found it on my facebook page!

Posted by on Jan. 31, 2014 at 10:43 AM
  • 11 Replies

A vicious custody battle has ended another innocent child's life. Melinda Muniz has been arrested for the murder of her fiance's 2-year-old daughter by suffocation. Police found Grace Ford in her crib with her mouth duct taped shut. Meanwhile, Muniz was also found with her mouth taped shut and her pants down. She claims she was raped, but police found no evidence of assault. Did she actually fake her own rape in order to cover up a murder?

Police found Muniz and the toddler after responding to a call. Grace was rushed to a hospital, but she was declared dead three days later. Grace's father, Mitchum, was in a bitter custody battle with Grace's mother, Emily Ward. You can imagine Ward's anguish at losing her daughter, especially under these circumstances.

The story gets even stranger. Mitchum Ford was the one who called the police, asking them to check in on his daughter. Ward took to Facebook to say that Muniz not only lied about her rape, but also cheated on Mitchum, faked amnesia, and beat herself up. Muniz and Ford were in the middle of a breakup.

AND: Security camera footage shows Muniz purchasing duct tape, zip ties, kitchen shears, and cotton swabs at a dollar store -- with Grace.

What a tragic mess. You have to wonder why Ford would leave his daughter alone with the woman he was breaking up with. He must have known it was unwise, since he asked police to put in a welfare visit. And I hate the idea of a woman faking a rape. There are too many other people who actually are sexually assaulted -- and then doubted -- for anyone to do that. 

Did Ford ignore signs that his fiance was unstable? What kept him from leaving sooner? And what caused him to leave his daughter alone with her? I'm sure these are all questions Emily Ward would want to know.

A fundraising site has been set up for Grace Ford.

What would you do if you suspected your ex's girlfriend was emotionally unstable?

by on Jan. 31, 2014 at 10:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
othermom
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 10:57 AM

So sick and wrong

Thelmama
by Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 10:59 AM

No words.  NONE.crying

oliveoil423
by Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 11:02 AM
1 mom liked this

i just would never leave my kid like tht with some one even if i was breaking up with them.

Janet
by Ruby Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 11:23 AM

Sick people!

oliveoil423
by Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 1:10 PM
I litterly had tears running down my face when i read it. I felt so sad for the mom and the dad. Tht they have to bury the percious daughter.
KW1280
by on Jan. 31, 2014 at 1:15 PM

Quoting Thelmama:

No words.  NONE.crying

DanaG70
by Silver Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 1:16 PM

I can't imagine the pain they are going through. I hope the father can find peace for this. That poor child.

charleyangel317
by on Jan. 31, 2014 at 1:22 PM

Well I wouldn't leave my child with her for one.

charleyangel317
by on Jan. 31, 2014 at 1:23 PM

Just makes me think. What are the chances that something like this would happen while he was in the middle of a custody battle? Make me wonder if he was as "sick" as his gf and was in on it...just saying.

oliveoil423
by Member on Jan. 31, 2014 at 1:56 PM

bust still u should never leave town and leave ur daugther with his ex fiance when he was going to break it off in the first place he should have taken his daughter and left her with her mom first off. hes the type of guy that would never harm a hair on his daughter.  you never know what the custody battle is all about first of.

if my daughters father was leaving town to go on a trip i will not let his fiance take care of her. she would be at my house full time when hes gone. i wouldnt never put my child in danger like that.

not bitching you out or anything just being polite about it. ^

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN