Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What names are "fingers on a chalkboard" to you?

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2014 at 9:29 PM
  • 21 Replies
I saw this post in another group. It was fun to read all the names that drive moms crazy. Nevaeh was the #1 name they were talking about.
by on Feb. 2, 2014 at 9:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Feb. 3, 2014 at 7:45 AM

Tulella...Patsy..Nevaeh

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Feb. 3, 2014 at 1:45 PM

Diamond, Paradise and Paris

mommasunflower
by New Member on Feb. 3, 2014 at 2:07 PM

Cammy, Kallie...anything with the cutesy e sound to it....can't stand the super stretchy mommy and me yoga diaper commercial....grrreye rolling

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Feb. 3, 2014 at 2:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Don't have one that really bothers me right now.

Senile-felines
by Member on Feb. 3, 2014 at 7:11 PM
Colter, Colten, Cole, Felicity, Skylar for a girl, Cynthia, a few more too, I just can't think right this moment.
woodswalker
by New Member on Feb. 3, 2014 at 8:55 PM

Nevgah, Autumn, Destiny, Jasmine, Jayden, Brayden, Zayden, Kayden, Rayden, Makenzie, Makayla, Ryder, Ryker,

splatz
by Sarah on Feb. 3, 2014 at 9:00 PM

I don't like names that sound like nicknames vs real names. Ex: Abby, Emma, Jake, Josh, etc. 

Kaya529
by Member on Feb. 3, 2014 at 9:06 PM
1 mom liked this
None, it's just a name. There are enough things in thus world to drive me crazy. A name is such a trivial thing to get uppity about.
juggamomma
by on Feb. 3, 2014 at 9:09 PM
1 mom liked this
# why would you name your child hashtag.
Tyrneathem
by Member on Feb. 4, 2014 at 10:05 AM
1 mom liked this

These posts always make me feel so bad for my niece. She's older than the main rush of Nevaeh's out there, but it's not keeping her from being judged purely by her name.

My sister thought she was being clever.... not because of the whole backward heaven thing, but because her name is Angel. She honored our late father by giving her daughter the middle name Leigh. Originally, she planned to name her daughter Heaven but she realized Heaven Leigh (Heavenly) might be a bit too prone to teasing. Go figure that her attempt to save her from teasing became a cause for ridicule even from grown adults.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)