Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Do you buy your child(ren) Valentines Day gifts?

Posted by on Feb. 2, 2014 at 10:21 PM
  • 102 Replies

If so what sort of thing do you normally buy? If you don't, why not? 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

by on Feb. 2, 2014 at 10:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Senile-felines
by Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 10:29 PM
My boys are 15 and 12. They'll get their typical valentine breakfast, pancakes shaped like hearts and strawberries and pink milk. I'll give them a small candy treat too.
michelle623
by Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 10:33 PM

Yes, we buy each of them a card, chocolate and small gift. They also go out to dinner with us.

Firenygirl180
by on Feb. 2, 2014 at 10:35 PM
Occasionally i get them something on clearance the week after. They don't need crappy candy or anymore stuffed animals. I might start doing cards for them next year.
auntyag
by Bronze Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 10:45 PM
Yes he gets a littke heart of chocolate and a valentines theme book(this year I'm thinking pete the cat)

My mom also get him some candy and a toy. I know this year she is getting him a Disney infinity play pack
jenncody
by Member on Feb. 2, 2014 at 11:08 PM
1 mom liked this
My boys get a balloon and a candy bar delivered to school
CalicoMeezer
by Member on Feb. 3, 2014 at 12:23 AM
1 mom liked this
Dd gets a not-overly-large gift. I'm thinking the AmericanGirl Saige movie on blu-ray this year.

Truthfully, dd gets gifts and small things pretty regularly. Today we bought her about 20 AmericanGirl books (KILLER clearance at Half-Price books and the Goodwill next door--spent less than $30!). That being said, while dd is a little spoiled, she is also gracious and appreciative, compassionate and giving. Yes, she'll get a gift, but she'll also have made Valentines for our local Christian station's card drive for hospitalized children, plus on Valentine's Day we will take Valentines she has made and signed to a local nursing home, both of which she looks forward to doing every year. In the end, I don't usually feel guilty about spoiling her because she's a pretty awesome kid. I just wish she came with volume control. ;)
jett286
by on Feb. 3, 2014 at 12:57 AM

I buy all of my boys (DH & 2 boys) heart shaped boxes of chocolate for Vday...My DH is a HUGE chocoholic..we don't do gifts anymore usually.  This year we are heading to the coast to celebrate stout month at a local brewery and their Festival of the Dark Arts...  way more fun than  a card and chocolate...  :)

Momofmenagerie
by Bronze Member on Feb. 3, 2014 at 1:06 AM
Yes. A Mylar ballon and a goofy card ( sound byte card usually)

I have boys.... The goofy card is a must! :-)

Why wouldn't I give my valentines who are smaller in stature a token of my love for them?

I get cards from the as does my husband.

It 's a made up holiday anyway... A tiny break in February is all so it doesn't drone on.
MaFonseca
by on Feb. 3, 2014 at 1:33 AM

yes i buy them chocolates maybe a small gift but im starting to think i should stop it all because my five year old is getting obssed with love telling me she is ready to be in love she wants to go on dates with boys and hold their hands and make them buy her stuff, she is too grown!!!

Kelid805
by on Feb. 3, 2014 at 1:36 AM
1 mom liked this
I always get my daughter a small gift basket with random stuff in it and I do goody bags for her class (every holiday) yep, I'm one of THOSE moms. Lol.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)