Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Central air and heat question. Does someone you know work in this field?? PIOG

Posted by on Feb. 4, 2014 at 7:43 AM
  • 9 Replies
Does any one have a of husband or family member that works in heating & AC.. I have a question about a pressure switch/pressure valve. We just had our pressure switch/pressure valve replaced. Apparently that is what has been causing our heater to not work.. Well no matter what I do to keep our electricity bill down its ALWAYS high so housing is going to ask the maintenance guy if the pressure valve/pressure switch being broken could cause my utility bill to be higher than normal. Well I don't trust them to tell me the truth so I'd like to get the answer from someone that I can trust haha. So could the pressure valve/pressure switch being broken and needing to be replaced cause my electricity bill to be higher?

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤
Brett's mommy- March 26th, 2008
Brynna's mommy- December 9th, 2009

http://myjourneyfortheirmiracle.blogspot.com/

by on Feb. 4, 2014 at 7:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
cupcake_mom
by on Feb. 4, 2014 at 7:48 AM
Idk but when my ac/heat system.was broken i asked the HVAC guy AND the electric guy(it was still super high after being fixed) why my bill was so high and he said that if all the parts don't match up exactly then it didn't matter. I would call an HVAC company or your electric company
celestegood
by Gold Member on Feb. 4, 2014 at 7:59 AM
BUMP! Not sure.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bretnasmommy
by Member on Feb. 4, 2014 at 8:26 AM

We live on a military base so to have someone come out I have to call housing and they send one of their maintenace guys out. :( 

Quoting cupcake_mom: Idk but when my ac/heat system.was broken i asked the HVAC guy AND the electric guy(it was still super high after being fixed) why my bill was so high and he said that if all the parts don't match up exactly then it didn't matter. I would call an HVAC company or your electric company

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

cupcake_mom
by on Feb. 4, 2014 at 8:38 AM
Hmmm. You can't have the electric company come out? I'm not military so idk how that works. I thought that military paid for yalls electric and stuff like that. They do in the military housing here(got friends in housing)

Quoting Bretnasmommy:

We live on a military base so to have someone come out I have to call housing and they send one of their maintenace guys out. :( 

Quoting cupcake_mom: Idk but when my ac/heat system.was broken i asked the HVAC guy AND the electric guy(it was still super high after being fixed) why my bill was so high and he said that if all the parts don't match up exactly then it didn't matter. I would call an HVAC company or your electric company

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Feb. 4, 2014 at 9:57 AM

I don't know anyone...hope you get things worked out...

Bretnasmommy
by Member on Feb. 4, 2014 at 1:46 PM
Quoting cupcake_mom: Hmmm. You can't have the electric company come out? I'm not military so idk how that works. I thought that military paid for yalls electric and stuff like that. They do in the military housing here(got friends in housing)

Quoting Bretnasmommy:

They NORMALLY do but every base is going to some type of energy saving plan and if you live on base they give you an allowance. If you go over they send you a bill. Well we've been over every month and I'm wondering if it's due to this messed up thing lol

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

cupcake_mom
by on Feb. 4, 2014 at 2:54 PM
Have you talked to your neighbors about if going over is normal? That's weird. Hope you get it figured out

Quoting Bretnasmommy:
Quoting cupcake_mom: Hmmm. You can't have the electric company come out? I'm not military so idk how that works. I thought that military paid for yalls electric and stuff like that. They do in the military housing here(got friends in housing)

Quoting Bretnasmommy:

They NORMALLY do but every base is going to some type of energy saving plan and if you live on base they give you an allowance. If you go over they send you a bill. Well we've been over every month and I'm wondering if it's due to this messed up thing lol
Bretnasmommy
by Member on Feb. 4, 2014 at 2:57 PM

Thats what makes me mad.. Every month the people across the street have been under. My friend who lives 7 houses down on the same exact street is also under every month. But we have been over EVERY month. Except for December and we were gone half the month.

Quoting cupcake_mom: Have you talked to your neighbors about if going over is normal? That's weird. Hope you get it figured out

Quoting Bretnasmommy:

Quoting Bretnasmommy:

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

cupcake_mom
by on Feb. 4, 2014 at 3:00 PM
Yea that does seem weird.

Quoting Bretnasmommy:

Thats what makes me mad.. Every month the people across the street have been under. My friend who lives 7 houses down on the same exact street is also under every month. But we have been over EVERY month. Except for December and we were gone half the month.

Quoting cupcake_mom: Have you talked to your neighbors about if going over is normal? That's weird. Hope you get it figured out

Quoting Bretnasmommy:

Quoting Bretnasmommy:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)