Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

I don't like you!

Posted by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:16 AM
  • 11 Replies

This is my 2 year olds new thing! She is fighting everything from baths, to what she wears and on and on! Every time she does not get her way she screams this at us! Please say 3 is better!

by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Janet
by Ruby Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:18 AM

Sorry 3 isn't usually better. Lol. It gets better about 4.

STVUstudent
by on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:19 AM

At three, their vocabulary expands.  Wait until they are 5 or 6!  It is normal, though... she is discovering her voice and the power of words... even if she really doesn't understand the context.  Just tell her, "Yeah, I know, but I still love you to the moon and back!"

nuts4scouts
by Member on Feb. 5, 2014 at 11:48 AM

Every year has it's new, and different challenges.

goddess99
by Michelle on Feb. 6, 2014 at 9:26 AM

I think, Hope, it might get better when they move out lol.

Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 10:34 AM

well they said Terrible twos. Horrible threes and F8king fours.   Good luck !  You get a few year's break then they turn 9 or 10 and they get into pre-tween mode ... that's the mess I'm stuck in now NOT. FUN.

splatz
by Sarah on Feb. 6, 2014 at 1:33 PM

Three isn't too much fun either lol

suetoo
by Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 1:44 PM

Ok....here's the hard truth...23 is better. :-) I once read a meme that said 'No one can parent teenagers, you just survive it, and some day they're people, too'. Try to give her options, just one or two, and let her 'choose' everything she can. Like, green dress with tights or blue t shirt and skirt. Say you are getting ready for bed in 10 minutes. Do you want a tub bath or a shower? Just calmly ignore what she screams at you and say you'll talk to her when she calms down. Then just walk away. 

Hugs, and yes, tee hee, 3 is better...

frankiesma530
by Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 1:45 PM

lol

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Feb. 6, 2014 at 2:36 PM

They don't really get better until they move out...lol

mindful23
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 6:17 PM
Aww what a screamer. Walk away and leave her at it. She'll tire herself of her screaming ways. It does get better in a couple of years, hopefully. Fingers crossed mama
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)