Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Prepaid cell phone plans

Posted by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 9:24 AM
  • 44 Replies
Does anyone use one? What service and how do you like it?

My contract with Sprint ends in May and I'm trying to figure out what to switch to. I don't really want to keep paying $95 a month for one phone.

Edit: Just checked and my contract actually ends next month. Guess I need to make a choice sooner than later!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 9:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on Feb. 6, 2014 at 9:32 AM
1 mom liked this

We have Tracfones, no complaints. Traveled from one end of the states to the next and they always worked everywhere. Cheap too, but we don't talk on the phone much so it's cheap for us.

TAG_ur_it
by Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 9:40 AM

I use T-Mobile pay as you go.  $53 after taxes. Unlimited text, talk and data.  Love it.

johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Feb. 6, 2014 at 10:15 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting goddess99:

We have Tracfones, no complaints. Traveled from one end of the states to the next and they always worked everywhere. Cheap too, but we don't talk on the phone much so it's cheap for us.

I have a Tracphone also!

cutestmom24
by Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 10:17 AM
1 mom liked this
I have metro pcs.its decent
insanemomof4
by Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 10:25 AM
I have a Blackberry Curve paid 50 for it brand new at Walmart last month. And i just purchase the straigh talk unlimited talk text and web phone card each month for 45
splatz
by Sarah on Feb. 6, 2014 at 1:18 PM
1 mom liked this

My cell phone is also used in place of a house phone. So it gets used quite a bit. Sam has a tracfone in case of emergencies & so I can get ahold of him at work. But it would be too expensive to switch us both to tracfones. 

Quoting goddess99:

splatz
by Sarah on Feb. 6, 2014 at 1:21 PM

I was considering T-Mobile. But, I don't like that instead of paying the amount for the phone up front you have to pay it monthly. I rather have a cheaper bill. I know that sounds weird lol. Their phones are pricey too! 

Quoting TAG_ur_it:

I use T-Mobile pay as you go.  $53 after taxes. Unlimited text, talk and data.  Love it.

kysmama08
by Member on Feb. 6, 2014 at 1:22 PM

I have AT&T and we recently took dh's line off because he barely uses it. We switched his phone over to the gophone service, we pay $25 every 3 months. It's perfect.

MamaOf3091011
by on Feb. 6, 2014 at 1:22 PM
I have straight talk 45$ a month for unlimited everything.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
splatz
by Sarah on Feb. 6, 2014 at 1:24 PM

Is a lot added on for taxes & fees on top of the $45? Straight Talk was one I was considering as well. The phone I'm looking at uses the Verizon towers so I should have pretty good service. 

Quoting insanemomof4: I have a Blackberry Curve paid 50 for it brand new at Walmart last month. And i just purchase the straigh talk unlimited talk text and web phone card each month for 45

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN