Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you tell your dh?

Posted by on Feb. 7, 2014 at 9:17 AM
  • 17 Replies

So, a few nights ago I recieved a random fb message from an ex. Who I havent talked to since we dated back in highschool, over 10 years ago.  He just asked how I was doing. Innocent enough.  So, I emailed him back saying all was well, happily married with three beautiful kids.  Last night, I recieved another message from him saying he was getting a divorce and moving back home... the same town that I now live.  I blocked him as soon as I recieved that message.  Kinda out of the blue, don't you think? Well, I was wondering If any of you ladys would inform your dh of this random email? Or would you just dicard and forget it?

by on Feb. 7, 2014 at 9:17 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
charleyangel317
by on Feb. 7, 2014 at 9:18 AM
1 mom liked this

I would discard and forget about it. You didn't lead him on and you blocked him.

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 9:29 AM

Not sure...I think it's good you blocked it.

12yrmama
by Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 5:06 PM
2 moms liked this

Depends on your relationship. If he would take it in good faith and laugh it off with you then tell him. If you two don't joke about ex's, flirting, etc; then leave it alone.

johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Feb. 7, 2014 at 5:55 PM

Discard it.

sfigu16
by on Feb. 7, 2014 at 5:56 PM
I would just because we have such a chill relationship

We would just joke about it
MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Feb. 7, 2014 at 5:57 PM

If you don't think your husband would take it very well then I would just discard it.

Mishy2
by Michelle on Feb. 7, 2014 at 8:34 PM

I am not quite sure what I would do. Good for you for blocking him, it was kind of random. If you think it would cause trouble in your marriage by making your husband upset, then maybe don't tell him, but if it would ease your mind and clear your conscience then maybe go ahead and tell him. Good luck!

**** Join us at ~*~ MOMMY CHATS ~*~ - a fun place for moms, moms to be, and TTC women to meet other moms, give advice, share stories, make new friends and just chat. Join us today!                
http://www.cafemom.com/group/119876

goddess99
by Michelle on Feb. 7, 2014 at 8:57 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree. Some men would take this better than others.

Quoting 12yrmama:

Depends on your relationship. If he would take it in good faith and laugh it off with you then tell him. If you two don't joke about ex's, flirting, etc; then leave it alone.

m.garcia21
by Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 9:02 PM
This exactly

Quoting 12yrmama:

mrsnoble2004
by ♥Arlene♥ on Feb. 8, 2014 at 1:42 PM

I had an ex run a background check to track me down to return some stuff to me from 15 years ago. Creepy on all kinds of levels. Told dh, we both had a laugh about "stalker much" but it didn't cause an issue. I suppose it just depends on your relationship.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)