Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Winter Olympics

Posted by on Feb. 7, 2014 at 9:53 AM
  • 11 Replies

Anyone watch last night or watching tonight???
Figure Skating Luge Hockey Snowboarding

by on Feb. 7, 2014 at 9:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 9:58 AM

I was able to catch some snowboarding, ice skating and moguls last night....enjoyed it...hope to watch the ceremonies tonight.

goddess99
by Michelle on Feb. 7, 2014 at 10:05 AM
1 mom liked this

Nope we're not watching.

gcstar42
by Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 1:41 PM
1 mom liked this
Do you know what comes on tonight and what channels? I was trying to see and I am not showing anything on the channels that I thought usually showed the Olympics.
johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Feb. 7, 2014 at 3:22 PM

Yep.I love opening ceremonies!

buttersworth
by on Feb. 7, 2014 at 3:26 PM

No. But I've been hearing a lot of rumors on the news about security problems and problems in Russian hotels. Not sure what it's really all about yet.

auntangelofsix
by Angel on Feb. 7, 2014 at 3:43 PM
No we do not watch it.
delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 3:47 PM

Hi, here's the info I found:  Times are listed at bottom of article...

The Sochi Olympics 2014 will be kicking off on February 7, 2014.

In just three weeks, athletes from around the world will come together to compete in both ice and snow sports.

Among the event highlights will be figure skating, alpine skiing, snowboarding, freestyle skiing, hockey and more.

NBC will be broadcasting the Sochi Olympic Winter Games, including the opening ceremony in Primetime. Coverage will be provided by NBCUniversal across NBC, NBCSN, CNBC, MSNBC, USA and NBCOlympics.com.

Click here for full NBC Olympic TV listings in your area.

The full schedule of Olympic games events can be seen here.

The Olympic Opening Ceremony will be hosted by Matt Lauer and Meredith Vieira on February 7, at 7:30p.m.ET. A total of 84 NBC Olympics commentators will be providing coverage, which would be the most in-depth coverage in Winter Olympics history.

Quoting gcstar42: Do you know what comes on tonight and what channels? I was trying to see and I am not showing anything on the channels that I thought usually showed the Olympics.

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 3:52 PM

I have too...security issues, things about toothpaste bombs, American tourist being told to not dress American, etc. when going some places there....warm welcome..huh...I hope all goes ok.

Quoting buttersworth:

No. But I've been hearing a lot of rumors on the news about security problems and problems in Russian hotels. Not sure what it's really all about yet.

Pammi86
by Pamela on Feb. 9, 2014 at 4:45 PM

No I have not caught any yet.

BonitaM
by Bronze Member on Feb. 9, 2014 at 8:09 PM

We don't have cable but I have watched some videos and so has DH.  It's his home city and he misses it dearly.  I'm probably going to watch quite a bit tomorrow.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)