Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

hows it possible for the lab to miss this?

Posted by on Feb. 7, 2014 at 3:38 PM
  • 23 Replies
Last Thursday i went to take a blood test to ses if i was pregnant. They told me that they will call me and let mw kow if the blood test came back positive or negative. So they call on monday and told me that it was negative so my husband and i were going to wait this weekend to see if i got my period. So today i got my baby sitting money and only got $15 which we both agreed on. So i went to the family dollar store and got a prenancy test. And i took it imminently when i got home. And it came out positive.

My question is can blood test be wrong when a lab loojs for positive prenancy and negative. Felt like thats what happen to me i got robbed.
by on Feb. 7, 2014 at 3:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wintermoon111
by Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 4:25 PM
Thats odd? Usually blood tells all
wintermoon111
by Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 4:25 PM
oh congrats!
johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Feb. 7, 2014 at 5:56 PM

I would have another blood test done

toopicky429
by on Feb. 7, 2014 at 5:59 PM
There are 2 types of pregnancy blood tests. One test will give an hcg level, and one will just come up positive or negative. Your hcg may not have been high enough if they were testing for an exact number when you had the blood test. Hcg typically doubles every 48-72 hours. If your test was positive, then congratulations!
SallyMJ
by on Feb. 7, 2014 at 6:33 PM

There are false negative tests and false positives.

Sounds like the amount of the hormones wasn't high enough for a positive test the first time. A couple of days later they were. 

Welcome to the human race.   

And congratulations.  :)

Mishy2
by on Feb. 7, 2014 at 8:38 PM

Thats weird. Congrats!

**** Join us at ~*~ MOMMY CHATS ~*~ - a fun place for moms, moms to be, and TTC women to meet other moms, give advice, share stories, make new friends and just chat. Join us today!                
http://www.cafemom.com/group/119876

oliveoil423
by Member on Feb. 7, 2014 at 9:01 PM
Thanks. My husband and i are going to the urgent care in walmart to get a blood test done again hopefully this one will be postive.
This will be my rainbow baby after i had a miscarriage. Safe to say the baby will be due ebd of sept being of october. Which will be on my sister n laws birthday or on my mother n laws birthday which will be on the 6th and my mom is hoping foe the babu to come on her birthday which is the 15th. It will be a surpise if he or she will be born on my first childs birthday is the 20th.
Kmamaf88
by on Feb. 7, 2014 at 10:17 PM
Congrats mama!
splatz
by Sarah on Feb. 8, 2014 at 1:35 PM

Its possible that your hormones were not high enough at the time for it to show up. Hope you get a positive! 

oliveoil423
by Member on Feb. 8, 2014 at 9:26 PM
I did. I cant wait. Now i just gotta deal with the boobs hurting lol and starting to get tired and waking up early cause nit feeling good. Im hoping i wont get morning sickness like i did with my first.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN