Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Heating your home.

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2014 at 10:58 PM
  • 33 Replies

What kind of heating system do you have? Anyone have natural gas hot water heat? Do you like it?

by on Feb. 8, 2014 at 10:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on Feb. 8, 2014 at 10:59 PM

We have natural gas forced air. But homes we are interested in buying have water heat, which I know nothing about.

celestegood
by Gold Member on Feb. 9, 2014 at 2:54 AM
I have no idea. We've never had water heat-you mean like the old radiators schools used to have? I haven't got too much experience with those, although we did have electric wall heat at our last house. I wasn't a huge fan of the panel heaters.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MerledBlue
by Member on Feb. 9, 2014 at 11:53 AM
1 mom liked this

We currently are using an electric space heater only but I don't suggest it...while it gives off great heat and nowhere near as dry as traditional electric heaters its a juicer on the bill! gas is the way to go!

auntangelofsix
by Angel on Feb. 9, 2014 at 12:59 PM
1 mom liked this
No we have a A/c system with Heat its Elect.
cupcake_mom
by on Feb. 9, 2014 at 1:01 PM
I have central forced air natural gas water heater. I like it.
goddess99
by Michelle on Feb. 9, 2014 at 3:03 PM

It's like baseboard heat that water travels through I guess. There doesn't seem to be those big school radiators. I guess the updated version of those are the baseboards..?

Quoting celestegood: I have no idea. We've never had water heat-you mean like the old radiators schools used to have? I haven't got too much experience with those, although we did have electric wall heat at our last house. I wasn't a huge fan of the panel heaters.

goddess99
by Michelle on Feb. 9, 2014 at 3:07 PM

Do you have a large home? Is it expensive to heat?

Quoting cupcake_mom: I have central forced air natural gas water heater. I like it.

cupcake_mom
by on Feb. 9, 2014 at 3:15 PM
1 mom liked this
We have a 3bd and it's comparable to an electric bill in the summer about 100-150. Not too bad. We also have a gas stove which ain't shit lol.I'm the summer my gas bill is like 10-20 depending on how much i bake

Quoting goddess99:

Do you have a large home? Is it expensive to heat?

Quoting cupcake_mom: I have central forced air natural gas water heater. I like it.

cupcake_mom
by on Feb. 9, 2014 at 3:21 PM
I have to correct myself.....its about 150-200 but i like my house hot!(i just looked at the bill lol)
goddess99
by Michelle on Feb. 9, 2014 at 3:37 PM

Yep everyone is different. My mom is like you, her house is so warm, and I like a cool home.

Quoting cupcake_mom: I have to correct myself.....its about 150-200 but i like my house hot!(i just looked at the bill lol)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)