Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Is this too much for a 4-year-old birthday party?

Posted by   + Show Post
DD's birthday is coming up in March, and we have this idea that we can charter a bus and take her and as much as her preschool class I can get all the way out to Atlanta so everyone can "build-a-bear," then go out to the Varsity for lunch and see a movie of some sort. Is this too much?
by on Feb. 9, 2014 at 2:54 PM
Replies (281-290):
bhejlik
by on Feb. 21, 2014 at 1:00 AM

I completely agree with you, but I actually wanted to compliment you on your taste in men! MEOW :)

Quoting LoriAnn87:

way too much to be spending on a birthday party.

bhejlik
by on Feb. 21, 2014 at 1:04 AM
1 mom liked this

Yeah, before you get all judge-ey on thi lady you may want to read the post where she has to take out a loan. She can't afford it. You can...big difference. 

Quoting SweetPea2004:

Jealous? Seriously some people have ton of play money so why not use it? Dd just got a $110 backpack for valintines day, who cares we can afford it. Dd will be ten in August I plan on spending minimum $200 pre gift.

Quoting jojo1974:

That's absurd.  That is an insane amount of money to spend on a party - frankly any party for a kid, never mind a pre-school kid.  And there is no way I would let me child go.

Have a party at the local bouncy house and put the rest in a college fund.  Or, get some therapy.

LoriAnn87
by Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 8:52 AM

Quoting bhejlik:

I completely agree with you, but I actually wanted to compliment you on your taste in men! MEOW :)

Quoting LoriAnn87:

way too much to be spending on a birthday party.

Thanks

Starlit_Eyes
by New Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 11:54 AM
It sounds like a bit much but if you have the means and the patience its a great idea so hey go for it!
Grandmasloves
by on Feb. 23, 2014 at 4:12 PM

You need to remember that the children are only 4 years old and tire easily.  I think the bus ride,  build a bear, and some type of refreshment is sufficient. this will probably all fall asleep on the bus ride home. 

lizard3731
by Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 3:35 PM

Yep.  Way too much.  If you do that when she's 4, what are you going to do when she's 13?  16?  21?

WritingMom777
by on Feb. 25, 2014 at 6:14 PM

That would be a super long day for 4 year olds who are bound to have meltdown at some point during the day. For me, also a bit too extravagant at that age and honestly, your kid is probably not going to remember it in a few years.Plus, would the guests be paying for the Build-A-Bear, lunch and movie themselves. Or would you cover everything?

A simpler idea might be to purchase a bunch of your own bears from Michaels (or Build-A-Bear) plus accessories and then let the kids dress them at the party. You could even print out adoption certificates or have the kids make their own with construction paper, markers, glitter, etcs. I think that simpler, hands on activities are best for that age group. I know when DS was 4, then anything longer than 2 or 3 hours max would have led to a meltdown.

MooNFaeRie30
by Member on Feb. 27, 2014 at 6:51 AM

If youhav e the money to do it and that is what she really wants I say go for it. It doesseem  a bit much, but it is your choice. Just rememberthats  he will probably want better and better every year.

celticgodess
by Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 10:39 PM

yes

celestegood
by Gold Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 11:11 PM
This is april. Why is this bumped?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)