Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Stressed!

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2014 at 9:02 PM
  • 7 Replies

Ok mommas, I'm starting to get very stressed! My almost 6month old has always had a horrible sleep schedule! She literally always falls asleep at like 4 in the morning, and that in turn makes her wake up around 1 or 2 in the afternoon! It's hard on me because I obviously have to stay up with her untill she falls asleep and that makes me not wake up till 1 or 2! I would love to be able to wake up with her at 8 in the morning but I would be absolutely drained with only 4 hours of sleep! I just don't know what to do! She is EBF, and I co sleep! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by on Feb. 10, 2014 at 9:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
OBImomma
by Bronze Member on Feb. 10, 2014 at 9:57 PM
Make yourself get up a little earlier each day. Get baby up too. Then you should be able to make bedtime earlier.
My ds was like this. Then dd came along and was up at the crack of dawn. Getting Ds on dds schedule was not fun but it was so worth it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
by Gold Member on Feb. 11, 2014 at 7:56 AM
1 mom liked this
Routine is your friend!!!! Just get baby up earlier every day. Do a bedtime routine every day and your baby will ease into sleep easier. Hugs! Been there done that. It gets better:)
johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Feb. 11, 2014 at 8:09 AM

My son was like that but WORSE! Our son slept all day and was awake all ngiht.It slowly gets better...be patient.

12yrmama
by Member on Feb. 11, 2014 at 10:32 AM

Yup, wake her up. An hour earlier each day. Keep her busy during the day... floor time, musical toys, walk/swings outside- just make sure she doesn't sleep then (even if its cold; 10 minutes of fresh air can do a world of good for a baby of course the more the better). It will be rough for awhile, but hopefully in a week or so you will have a slightly more normal sleeping time. Can your S/O or DH help? so you can sleep some at night?

Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Feb. 11, 2014 at 10:47 AM

you need to get her back in a regular routine ... she lives on a night owl schedule right now, you need to flip that back around

sunnysideup89
by on Feb. 11, 2014 at 11:32 AM

Pat her in a crib for 15 minutes at a sooner bedtime. She will cry and move and pull her head up and fight, but I swear to you if you are strict and keep patting/rubbing face softly she wll  fall asleep

HappyMommie1012
by New Member on Feb. 11, 2014 at 11:48 AM

I just went with the flow with my dd. But, my aunt was telling me to make atleast a bed time routine to make things easier. For her two sons she had a nightly ritual. After dinner they got to play, hada bath, had a go gurt, got a story, then was laid down. So after certin activities they knew what was comming next. Obviously you have to resituate a routine for yours. Even at 6 months old they have expectations. (I didn't believe it until I had my daughter) Ususally after a week they start knowing what to expect. I also haven't co-slept since my daughter was 4 weeks old and I had surgery, so I couldn't be much help there. I just put my kid in her bed and let her play until she falls asleep.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)