There’s no doubt that kids are growing up in a very different technological world than we did back in the day. For example, not a single parent today was ever handed an iPhone to keep them entertained while mom or dad went about their business in peace. But many parents today don’t think twice about it. At least until our kids do something with our phones to mess with us -- intentionally or unintentionally.
For example, world heavyweight champion Cain Velasquez tweeted a picture of some Barbie wallpaper over the weekend, which doesn’t exactly sound like something a guy at the top of the MMA world would do. Until you read his next tweet, which explains that his four-year-old daughter had “hacked” his phone.
Oh man, I think we’ve all been there to some degree. So we asked real parents what kinds of snafus they’ve run into when it comes to their kids and their phone.
- My son changed everything on my phone to Spanish when we went to Mexico. He's also reversed all the colors so it's all negative.
- My 2-year-old (then 1 and change) sent an email to a writer at work that just said “Z.” The writer, who was waiting for my response on a story, wrote back in utter confusion: “Z? What do you mean, Z?”
- Baby jerked her arm and opened my ex's linked in profile (it was in the sidebar under people you may know). Now I look like a stalker.
- My son has learned to take my wife's phone shot a video of her and turn into a JibJab like video and he knows how to upload to her FB business page. She has an avid following and they respond quickly!
- The two-year-old called my mom’s best friend four times in a row once … and I think she even started talking one of the times the poor woman picked up.
- She tends to move things around on me, so I can't find them. I have very specific apps down on my toolbar (I guess that's what it's called), and she'll move them so all of a sudden I can HEAR that I'm getting emails, but I can't find my email inbox!
- My toddler took a whole series of photos of herself while my brother and I were walking her in the stroller and caught our expressions (frame by frame) once we realized what she was doing!
- My infant likes to crawl on my keyboard and once left a comment that looked something like xohfedfhofhoieuoj on a national groups page. I didn't even know until a friend sent me a message that pointed it out.
- His kindergarten teacher called before the school year started to say hi. He answered the phone and had a 10 minute conversation with her before I even knew she had called.
What monkey business has your little monkey gotten into on your phone?