Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

How does your child celebrate Valentine's Day at school?

Posted by on Feb. 11, 2014 at 3:21 PM
  • 56 Replies

Will they have a party? Do they pass out Valentines cards? Does the school allow candy? 

I am just curious how different it is between schools. 

My 8 year old is off school on Friday for a teacher work day. On Thursday they are having "friendship" parties at school. They don't allow any sort of candy so he is giving out cards that come with pencils. 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

by on Feb. 11, 2014 at 3:21 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
korra2013
by on Feb. 11, 2014 at 3:27 PM
My kids usually pass out cards. Parents can send in snacks. I usually make goody bags for their classmates with pencils, erasers and some candy.
Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Feb. 11, 2014 at 3:58 PM

it is my cross to bear this week ... my daughter goes to private school but Friday they are asked to ditch their uniforms and dress up, preferably in pink or red. Dresses for the girls, nice clothes for the boys.  DD has no dress fitting that description and now I have to go shop for a stupid dress, blow a ridiculous amount of money on a clothe item she will wear once or twice.   Of course all her friends are making a mountain out of a mole hill about this and DD in her 10 year old mind is convinced that her friends will show up in ball gownds ....  she will bring Valentines to school and in the afternoon 3 classes are combining efforts and doing a little party which includes a chocolate fountain.

mrsnoble2004
by on Feb. 11, 2014 at 4:32 PM

They will have parties. The second grade teachers decided the kids have to pass out healthy treats with their valentines instead of candy. Way to suck the fun out of it. I'm sending oat and chocolate  Fiber One bars, after all it IS a granola bar, I'll also be laughing my butt off.

mrsnoble2004
by on Feb. 11, 2014 at 4:33 PM

If you buy a pink one she can wear it again for Easter.

Quoting Jinxed8:

it is my cross to bear this week ... my daughter goes to private school but Friday they are asked to ditch their uniforms and dress up, preferably in pink or red. Dresses for the girls, nice clothes for the boys.  DD has no dress fitting that description and now I have to go shop for a stupid dress, blow a ridiculous amount of money on a clothe item she will wear once or twice.   Of course all her friends are making a mountain out of a mole hill about this and DD in her 10 year old mind is convinced that her friends will show up in ball gownds ....  she will bring Valentines to school and in the afternoon 3 classes are combining efforts and doing a little party which includes a chocolate fountain.

sharonrena
by on Feb. 11, 2014 at 4:35 PM

Make Valentine boxes or decorate sacks, pass out valentines for each child, and have a party of some sort.  This year we are having a ice cream sundae bar and a craft.  :)

splatz
by Sarah on Feb. 11, 2014 at 4:35 PM

We aren't allowed to send in any type of food. If we want to bring snacks for the class we have to go up during the party & have them approved in person. Sort of takes the fun out of it. :( 

Quoting korra2013: My kids usually pass out cards. Parents can send in snacks. I usually make goody bags for their classmates with pencils, erasers and some candy.

splatz
by Sarah on Feb. 11, 2014 at 4:36 PM

Sounds like fun for her! Though not so much for you. What about checking thrift stores or kids consignment stores? Way cheaper for something that won't get much use. 

Quoting Jinxed8:

splatz
by Sarah on Feb. 11, 2014 at 4:37 PM

LOL! It isn't much fun! DS's old school didn't care what was brought in for these sort of things. 

Quoting mrsnoble2004:

They will have parties. The second grade teachers decided the kids have to pass out healthy treats with their valentines instead of candy. Way to suck the fun out of it. I'm sending oat and chocolate  Fiber One bars, after all it IS a granola bar, I'll also be laughing my butt off.

splatz
by Sarah on Feb. 11, 2014 at 4:38 PM

That sounds SO fun! I want to come party it up with you! haha

Quoting sharonrena:

Make Valentine boxes or decorate sacks, pass out valentines for each child, and have a party of some sort.  This year we are having a ice cream sundae bar and a craft.  :)

mrsnoble2004
by on Feb. 11, 2014 at 4:55 PM

Dd loves the fiber one bars, but omg the gas.

Quoting splatz:

LOL! It isn't much fun! DS's old school didn't care what was brought in for these sort of things. 

Quoting mrsnoble2004:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN