Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

In a crisis

Posted by on Feb. 16, 2014 at 7:23 PM
  • 10 Replies

I have been in a rather serious crisis for the past 14 or so months. I have had to live without my children for over a year now and my (abusive) ex has my children... he got a TRO against me when I fled with them to a women's shelter. He used extremely twisted evidence to get them away from me which gave him the TRO regarding Gregory's frenulum incident and called it "failure to thrive" which the drs. were just itching to do. He also said that they were in "immediate and irreparable damage" in my care- which is UTTERLY UNTRUE!!!! I feel as if I have been so close to literally falling apart emotionally-speaking without my Babies. They really need me. I am their mommy and I don't know how they are coping without me in their lives. I know I am not coping without them in my life. I am trying to get legal assistance but have no money. Partnership's hands are tied by red tape and have been unable to help me because of the TRO...  to add to the agony of it all is that the drs. DID force me to wean Gregory before either of us were ready to wean. I hope you BF'ing moms would understand my anguish... I did pump every drop I could for him a year ago but Ex was obviously not wanting to give him the milk. But being without my Babies is UTTER AGONY for me!!!

This picture was taken on the only occasion I have seen my children since December 6, 2012- when BJ (just over 5 years old at the time) and Gregory were ripped away from me. Gregory was literally pulled out of my arms at the age of 15,5 months and I was not even allowed the visitation the judge arranged for me in the TRO. Please- no malicious comments about me! I need legal help and have no money. I am absolutely desperate by speaking about this problem on any public site.

BJ (6 years old in this picture) literally leapt into my arms the first time he had seen me in over 8 months at that time. It has now been 6 months almost to the day (Feb 18' 2014 will be 6 months) since we saw each other last. I do NOT count "Skype" as a "visit" it is utterly cruel to not be able to hold my children and comfort them and interact with them in a normal one-on-one basis and it is so far from what the judge ordered.

This is the most recent picture I have of them...

Ticker id: TONF

Ticker id: hiSx

by on Feb. 16, 2014 at 7:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on Feb. 16, 2014 at 8:01 PM

Have you filed an appeal?

I hope someone who knows more will see your post and be able to help you. Good luck!

Janet
by Ruby Member on Feb. 16, 2014 at 11:39 PM

I'm so sorry.

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Feb. 16, 2014 at 11:45 PM

Hugs...sorry to hear of this...try social services through one of the women's help programs you went to....maybe they would be able to refer you to someone that can help....really hope things will work out for you to get your children...

celestegood
by Gold Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 12:34 AM
I hate to hear of stories like this. Please keep fighting!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamamiajk
by Platinum Member on Feb. 17, 2014 at 8:37 AM

I would seek legal help through the FOC. They are your advocate and the one we have here is great. Also it's free. I can't imagine what you are going through other than it must be hell. Divorce is a dirty word and situations like yours show just how much.

johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Feb. 17, 2014 at 9:04 AM
Hope somebody can help you.Prayers.
MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Feb. 17, 2014 at 5:02 PM

So sorry. Hope things work out for you soon.

splatz
by Sarah on Feb. 18, 2014 at 4:58 AM
There has to be some sort of legal assistance available to you locally. Did the shelter not have a court advocate that could help you through everything at the time?
Here there is a program that provides free lawyers in cases of abuse. They handle custody and restraining orders.
Start calling local shelters and see if they can point you in the right direction. There has to be help out there. Even if they don't know maybe they can send you to someone that does.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
by Gold Member on Feb. 18, 2014 at 6:56 AM
I would absolutely listen to those here telling you to call around! You can find free legal help!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bribriesmom
by on Feb. 18, 2014 at 8:38 AM
File an appeal, most courts have a legal aid department and can refer you to an agency to help you. If you fled to a Women's Shelter as a result of fearing for your safety that needs to be brought up. Document everything, state the facts, don't come from an emotional place even though this is, don't bash him because it will make you look unstable. Get documentation from the Dr. that will prove this is a medical condition that has nothing to do with neglect on your part. Use I statements, present the facts; including your son's reaction to seeing you after a long period of time. If you can get character witness letters notorized to submit as evidence that will also strengthen your case.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)