Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

How many loads of laundry do you do per week?

Posted by on Feb. 19, 2014 at 9:56 PM
  • 112 Replies

I can't be the only one who feels like they are currently drowning in laundry! lol  I can keep up with getting them washed lately. But getting them folded & put away is a whole other story. 

drowning in laundry

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

by on Feb. 19, 2014 at 9:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OBImomma
by on Feb. 19, 2014 at 10:08 PM
Too much. My dh washes on load a night. I I fold. Everyone puts away. If we have a bunch to do then I will wash it during the day. And fold it. Everyone butte baby puts their laundry away
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mommy2Boys0900
by Unique Yanique on Feb. 19, 2014 at 10:13 PM
I do 4 loads of laundry every week, usually on the weekends. Doing laundry isn't the hard part for me, its the week's worth of ironing I do that is annoying (and exhausting).
BonitaM
by Bronze Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 10:18 PM

About 4 to 6 loads a week.  I love doing laundry though and usually try to save it for a bad day because the nice clean warm clothes just soothe me somehow.  Yesterday I did a laundry marathon....didn't really get much else accomplished but it made me feel really good.

splatz
by Sarah on Feb. 19, 2014 at 10:28 PM

I need to train my older two to start putting thiers away. My 8 year old will put his away but its never right. So then I have to refold everything he smashed in the drawers & put it away. Aghh.. I don't have time for all that! 

Quoting OBImomma: Too much. My dh washes on load a night. I I fold. Everyone puts away. If we have a bunch to do then I will wash it during the day. And fold it. Everyone butte baby puts their laundry away

momtotwo08
by Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 10:30 PM
7-10 per week
splatz
by Sarah on Feb. 19, 2014 at 10:30 PM
1 mom liked this

That's not too bad. You have two kiddos, right? We were at about 4-5 loads a week before the baby was born. Now I don't even know how many I am doing. 

I refuse to iron.. we can just walk around wrinkly! lol

Quoting Mommy2Boys0900: I do 4 loads of laundry every week, usually on the weekends. Doing laundry isn't the hard part for me, its the week's worth of ironing I do that is annoying (and exhausting).

splatz
by Sarah on Feb. 19, 2014 at 10:31 PM

I used to love laundry. Now it just seems like such an overwhelming task! 

Quoting BonitaM:

About 4 to 6 loads a week.  I love doing laundry though and usually try to save it for a bad day because the nice clean warm clothes just soothe me somehow.  Yesterday I did a laundry marathon....didn't really get much else accomplished but it made me feel really good.

splatz
by Sarah on Feb. 19, 2014 at 10:32 PM

Ok, now I feel better lol. How many people are in your family? 

Quoting momtotwo08: 7-10 per week

sweetsinglemama
by Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 10:32 PM
6 to 8.
mom_of_twingirl
by Silver Member on Feb. 19, 2014 at 10:34 PM
I do my daughters wash on Monday and have 1, maybe 2 load then (depending if they with their dad or not), an on Friday I do mine and I usually have 2-3 depending on if I worked out and things like that. Once it is dry I fold and out it away right then an there. I don't wait cuz I know it will never get done.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN