Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

QUESTION.

Posted by on Feb. 19, 2014 at 11:44 PM
  • 4 Replies

please no bashing.

my daughter is almost a year old. ive been noticing in my left breast before and especially after feeding i get get this sore/hurt feeling around my boob. (like the outside) if that makes sense. should i be worried and see a doctor or is this normal?

by on Feb. 19, 2014 at 11:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Feb. 20, 2014 at 2:26 AM
Not sure.I know a few ladies will answer this for ya.Did you google it!
EverleighsMommy
by on Feb. 20, 2014 at 2:39 AM

I had a similar problem with Everleigh, now every time I remind her to be gentle. Try to find a place to nurse where it's peaceful and quiet so she'll concentrate on what she's doing and not start thinking about other things which will cause her to latch on as much. I also tried to offer to nurse early before she'd ask so it wouldn't be so intense and looked deeply into her eyes so we were truly connected. This eliminated most (but not all) of the pain, but it was so important to her I didn't mind the discomfort. It's very common around this time for it to get more painful. My problem was Evie was kind of rolling her tongue, so maybe that's also what's happening for you?

mamamiajk
by Platinum Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 9:08 AM

I would have it checked out. The same thing happened to me with my first but it turned out to be a plugged milk gland. Cancer runs rampant in my family so I kinda freaked but was not sorry to have it checked out.

goddess99
by Michelle on Feb. 20, 2014 at 9:42 AM

bump for someone who can help.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)