Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

???Ugh!!!! What??? **update**

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2014 at 5:05 PM
  • 14 Replies
What do u do when your child pitches a fit multipal times a day? How do u disapline?

Update: time out in my dds room has been working so far. Yay!!! But I've had to put her back in time out multipal times. But I think she is noticing that I'm sticking to it!!! Thanks for all the opinions!!!
by on Feb. 20, 2014 at 5:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on Feb. 20, 2014 at 5:50 PM

Depends why they are throwing a fit. My dd didn't throw fits for no reason really so hard to say what might help. What's going on?

hadleykubenka
by New Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 6:02 PM
I tell her no on stuff she don't need. Or I take something away that she doesn't need or isn't hers. Put her toys up. Etc. it's everything. And she isn't sick. She sleeps enough goes to bed by 830. And doesn't wake up until between. 830 and 9. I think she finally hit her terrible 2s and she is going to be 3 at the end of May. She is driving me crazy. She will throw herself on the floor and kick and scream.
johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Feb. 20, 2014 at 7:10 PM
1 mom liked this

My son used to bang his head on the floor when he didnt get something....Doc said to let himdo it.I was shocked!Once he learned I wouldn't give in he stopped.

MsEmma88
by Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 7:18 PM
1 mom liked this
My house is the loudest house on the street currently. My four year old is almost five and got the bright idea from his buddy that you should scream to get what you want. He gets the mom voice. I always tell him go to your room and when you can talk to me like a person again come and find me. Never give in. My two year old is the drama king lol he basically gets ignored until he's done. Depends I guess. My basic strategy is don't engage them until they can communicate without screaming.
Junebaby18
by Member on Feb. 20, 2014 at 10:19 PM
My kids used to do that. I just ignored them and they eventually stopped because you don't give them the satisfaction they want by responding to them.

My dd will be 3 in June and she's only done it a couple times and I just stare at her with a blank face and ask her once she slows down if she's done. She usually says yes and goes on with playing with something else.
splatz
by Sarah on Feb. 21, 2014 at 1:07 AM

Just stick to your guns. Eventually it gets easier.

Jilectan
by Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 3:44 AM
1 mom liked this

When my 4 year old pitches a fit, I pick her up and put her on a bed, tell her she can come out when she calms down, then walk away. She doesn't do it too often. I started doing this when she was 2.

mrsnoble2004
by ♥Arlene♥ on Feb. 21, 2014 at 12:42 PM

I ignore it. Even my youngest (15 months) has tried testing the boundaries already. He used to flop himself backwards really hard, he gave up on that when he figured out I was just going to put him on a softer surface to throw his tantrum. Now he carefully lays himself back when he does it. Sometimes it's funny to watch, he gets mad if I laugh but he is learning that it's not getting him anywhere.

mrsgosch
by on Feb. 21, 2014 at 12:51 PM

My 18 month old started doing the same thing this week. I have been telling her no and when she keeps doing what I said no to I tell her no again and say I'm counting to 5 if you dont stop your going to time out.....yesterday she spent most of the afternoon in and out of time out lol she thought she needed to stand up on a chair and try to climb on the table, over the back of the couch. Today she hasnt pushed her boundries as much, guess she didnt like sitting in timeout so much.

Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 1:19 PM

don't give it, don't get into this game, go into total shutdown, ignore, don't even talk to him.  I used to pick up my daughter, bring her to her room (without a word) put her in her bed, close the door and walk away.  She would get up? I'd start all over again.  I just don't know about several times a day with my daughter this happened once in a while.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)