Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

???Ugh!!!! What??? **update**

Posted by   + Show Post
What do u do when your child pitches a fit multipal times a day? How do u disapline?

Update: time out in my dds room has been working so far. Yay!!! But I've had to put her back in time out multipal times. But I think she is noticing that I'm sticking to it!!! Thanks for all the opinions!!!
by on Feb. 20, 2014 at 5:05 PM
Replies (11-14):
m.garcia21
by Member on Feb. 21, 2014 at 8:24 PM
I beat that ass! Lol no im jk. I honestly just ignore her and give her a weird look. She ussually stops calms down and asks me for what she wants in a polite manner. It works for her bc she doesnt like disappointing so when we act dissapointed in ger she ussually settles down. We also make sure to praise her for good behavior.
nana776
by Member on Feb. 22, 2014 at 4:05 PM

I just make them go to their rooms and they aren't allowed to come out until they are calm. I have even stood outside the door to block them from coming back out. I think the key is to talk to them afterwards about using their words, then eventually you can catch them before the fit starts just by telling them to use their words.

rocamom
by Member on Feb. 22, 2014 at 5:21 PM

a fit as in a tantrum?  I put them in their rooms and tell them when they calm down they can come out.  I put them back if they come out to early.  Worked great when they realized I didn't care about the tantrum.  If you feed into it then they do it more and bigger.  GOOD LUCK.

Pammi86
by Pamela on Feb. 23, 2014 at 2:22 AM

I do time outs!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)