Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you stay at home or work outside of the home???

Posted by   + Show Post

I worked 13 yrs, from about age 17 to close to age 30 doing different things. I split custody of my daughter so she's not around but a few hrs a few days a week so i can't really consider myself a stay at home mother but I do stay home and no longer have to work since I remarried and I wondered how many on this board do we have who work vs stay at home. ??

You're Always A Winner When You Do Your Very Best~way to go

by on Feb. 21, 2014 at 6:16 PM
Replies (41-50):
MomtoAlexis05
by Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 9:05 PM

Enjoy enjoy your children! Glad to hear that you are able to stay at home w/ them if that is what you wish to do, awesome! It IS a transition isn't it, infact just posted upon this same subject. When I became a SAHM, I went from working 2 jobs to changing diapers lol. So I feel you! :D best of luck to you in whatever you decide to do in the future! :D

Quoting Mrs.Bolin:

I worked for 11 yrs. from a senior in highschool at 17 and i am now 30 and have been a sahm for over a year now. Totally different. Im still getting used to it. I have a 5 yr old kindergartner and 17 month old girls. Im enjoying it. I may go back when they both are in school full time. I will see then

You're Always A Winner When You Do Your Very Best~way to go

Mrs.Bolin
by Gold Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 9:09 PM

I love it! i also had no choice. i have no childcare that will keep my kids with the hours i worked. Its very rewarding. I worked my butt off more when i was working between having a job outside the home and then coming home to take care of the kids and everything else. and my husband works nights seven days a week. I told my husband if i ever had to quit my job then i wasnt going back.lol. I bet i will

Quoting MomtoAlexis05:

Enjoy enjoy your children! Glad to hear that you are able to stay at home w/ them if that is what you wish to do, awesome! It IS a transition isn't it, infact just posted upon this same subject. When I became a SAHM, I went from working 2 jobs to changing diapers lol. So I feel you! :D best of luck to you in whatever you decide to do in the future! :D

Quoting Mrs.Bolin:

I worked for 11 yrs. from a senior in highschool at 17 and i am now 30 and have been a sahm for over a year now. Totally different. Im still getting used to it. I have a 5 yr old kindergartner and 17 month old girls. Im enjoying it. I may go back when they both are in school full time. I will see then

ROSEME
by on Feb. 25, 2014 at 9:13 PM

I have done the stay at home mom work, as well as worked part & fulltime outside home. I found that as a mom you have to adapt to lifes challenges.

jandi3936
by on Feb. 25, 2014 at 9:13 PM
I work outside the home and have since DS was 3 months old. Dad works opposite shift so we only need a sitter 2 hrs a day. Fortunately I'm close to home so I can come home on lunch to visit. I'd rather be home but we need the money. It works out ok.
celestegood
by Gold Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 1:32 AM
stay at home mom since 2007.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
by Gold Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 1:32 AM
I have worked before, though-I was a stay at home mom from 96-98, then from 2002-2004.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BonitaM
by Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 6:56 AM

I'm a sahm.

SlightlyPerfect
by Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 6:58 AM
1 mom liked this
Same!

Quoting goddess99:

I worked for the first couple years of my dd's life but I was missing too much and the job just wasn't worth it to me so now I'm a sahm.

smgremminger
by Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 11:53 AM
Thank you

Quoting MomtoAlexis05:

Just wanted to say Thank You for your work! I have had realitives in assisted living facilities as well as friends and although I can not fully appreciate what your job requires, I thank you for your work! :D ~Carrie~

Quoting smgremminger: I work outside the home as a Cna at a assisted living facility

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 12:14 PM

I've done both.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)