Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

For those who have worked/ had jobs what did u do??

Posted by   + Show Post

I've never  had to work out of the home but when I was 18 my best girlfriend got a job at this motel & asked me 2 come work w/ her that it was fun. We did alot of goofing around and had fun ,later they ? me to be front desk receptionist so I did tht occasionally too lol. Now I haven't worked in yrs, and don't think I ever will again.

But yes I did work for awhile and it was a front desk receptionist for a motel lol!

Who else has worked outside of the home and what have you done?

bowing down

You're Always A Winner When You Do Your Very Best~way to go

by on Feb. 21, 2014 at 8:13 PM
Replies (21-26):
CMay2CK
by Member on Feb. 23, 2014 at 11:28 PM
Managed a Subway, Scan Coordinator and Bookkeeper for Savon, and a Commercial Real Estate Research Analyst (most recently). Not sure what I will do when the kids are bigger.
goldpandora
by on Feb. 24, 2014 at 4:26 AM

I worked to pay for my studies and then went on to build a career.

I have been a barmaid, waitress, chamber maid, dishwasher, kitchen help, receptionist, office cleaner ...

I am now a freelance tech writer cum translator.

fudgybuddymom
by Linda on Feb. 24, 2014 at 7:20 AM

I worked at my dad's dress factory at age 11 bagging & tagging dresses,I babysat,I was a desk clerk,worked as a graduate nurse in a hospital then LPN at same hospital then a traveling nurse as an LPN then an Rn at same then worked in different hospitals as an RN in Fla & NY,now I am a graduate Paralegal serving as a desk clerk

IAMmomtotrips
by New Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 7:34 AM
I work full time as a drama director and teacher. I also teach college during the summers.

I have worked in a clothing store, shoe store, and pizza joint.

I have life guarded.

And I was a dispatcher for an electric company.

I think that's it.
pinkfairy0206
by Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 7:38 AM
As young preteen I started out babysitting. Then I started working with horses. Best thing ever. I would do pony parties on weekends and after school feel days a week I would go muck out stalls and clean ring, tend to horses and in return the owner gave me lessons. I would lkve that again!! Worked in grocery store and then telemarketing. Yes, I was the annoying person calling at dinner time lol. Then hardware store, then toy store. Then I worked with disabled kids. Another great thing:) I have 4 kids now and I'm a sahm.
mrsbell30
by New Member on Feb. 24, 2014 at 7:55 AM

Well, I have worked as a lifeguard when I was a teenager and then ended up in hospitality.  This lead me to Human Resources. I worked for an organization for 13 years. Now, my full-time job is at home with my kids.  To be honest, I miss getting dressed and going to work, but I don't miss having my kids in daycare all day and late night dinners.  So, all in all, being home has been a blessing. I would love to work from home to earn some extra income, but finding a reputable company has been difficult.

juggling

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)