Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

birthday game ideas

Posted by on Feb. 22, 2014 at 10:05 AM
  • 20 Replies
Ds will be 5 in a week and a half. Were having his party next saturday Nd he wantsto play games with the other kids, but has no idea swhat kid d of games. I've suggested some of the classic kids party games such as pin the tail on the donkey and balloon pop, and he has mo interest in those. I know he wants a pinata, so we will probably get one. Any ideas on how to keep the kids (probably ages 3-9) entertained? The party is in doors at the club house of mu grandmas housing development, so needs to be fairly clean or easy to clean. Andy help is greatly appreciated!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 22, 2014 at 10:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jean_marie1987
by Member on Feb. 22, 2014 at 10:07 AM
1 mom liked this
We did a party craft that doubled as a party favor. It took about as long to complete as a game.
mrsgosch
by on Feb. 22, 2014 at 11:15 AM
1 mom liked this

Maybe a bingo game with pictures of toys, a scavenger hunt, musical chairs, maybe take a small jar fill it with candy and have them guess how many are in there and whoever gets the closest wins the candy, those are a few that my friend had for her son and nephews party.

goddess99
by Michelle on Feb. 22, 2014 at 11:34 AM

We did a scavenger hunt with small plastic dinosaurs from the dollar store, the kids got to keep what they found and the one with the most got a bigger prize. Our big prize was still all from the dollar store: sand pail, shovel, sand forms, sidewalk chalk, bubbles. I think that's the only game we had.

Pammi86
by Pamela on Feb. 23, 2014 at 2:36 AM

If the weather is nice I like to do like a bubble and chalk station...keeps them entertained!

sophiemichael
by on Feb. 25, 2014 at 3:21 PM

Celebrating birthday at beach would be great, so kids can play the games that they love and enjoy with their parents, there are many sand games to play.

wintermoon111
by Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 3:22 PM
The games we do are pin the tail, The wonder ball, guessing games, bean bag toss.
cookinmommyof1
by Bronze Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 4:55 PM
Its supposed to be a whopping 8* here saturday so I dont think we'll be playing outside. Lol. Sounds fun though

Quoting Pammi86:

If the weather is nice I like to do like a bubble and chalk station...keeps them entertained!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
funny_girl3
by Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 5:42 PM

Is there a theme for the party?

cookinmommyof1
by Bronze Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 11:37 PM
Id's just birthday party themed. Lol. I can't bring myself to spend a bunch of money on decorations. He did pick out s ninja turtle cake though

Quoting funny_girl3:

Is there a theme for the party?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cookinmommyof1
by Bronze Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 11:38 PM
It sounds like a blast, but we are using the clubhouse at my grandma's senior housing development fit his party and can't make a huge mess

Quoting sophiemichael:

Celebrating birthday at beach would be great, so kids can play the games that they love and enjoy with their parents, there are many sand games to play.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)