Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

My Idea For My Son's 1st Birthday!

Posted by on Feb. 24, 2014 at 9:44 PM
  • 17 Replies

Well I had a nautical theme in mind. My son would be dressed up as a little scuba diver. The cake for the guests will be a sand castle cake decorated with candy sea shells, crabs maybe, and stuff like that while the baby's personal smash cake will be a little island with maybe a little a palm tree and chocolate coconuts (of course im going to pull these things off before he shoves his face in it so he doesn't choke). The goody bags I'm still debating what to put in them but I'm thinking they should be shaped as ships, I'm open to ideas of what to put in them. There will be cups with blue jello inside and little slices of fruit with a tooth pick in it with a flag attatched to make it look like a mini bout on water. Not sure which fruit would taste good with blue jello. I'll see if we serve maybe some sea food dishes. Balloons all around perhaps with anchors, ship steering wheels, and stuff like that. The table cloth will probably be a fishing net with fake lobsters and crabs on it. Annnnnd maybe green streamers taped from the ground up, not all the way up, the wall to represent seaweed. I'm going to be thinking more and adding more as it gets closer but what do you ladies think? Open to anymore ideas!!!

by on Feb. 24, 2014 at 9:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
iamcafemom83
by Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 6:17 AM
That sounds really cute:)
goddess99
by Michelle on Feb. 25, 2014 at 8:55 AM

What a cute idea, I think any melons or berries would be good. Maybe the goody bags could be small sand pails, shovels, sand forms?

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 9:01 AM

sounds nice...

johnny4ever
Beautiful day!
Yesterday at 8:35 AM
by Mrs. Depp on Feb. 25, 2014 at 9:19 AM

Love that theme!

Alicia_Griffin
by Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 9:24 AM
Sounds cute but a lot of work! Where are you going to get all the nautical themes stuff at?
Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 9:35 AM
1 mom liked this

sounds like you're going all out !!  I call blackberries or blueberries in the blue jello. 

Ivys_a_Mommy
by Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 6:37 PM
1 mom liked this

I like the ideas :3 thanks

Quoting goddess99:

What a cute idea, I think any melons or berries would be good. Maybe the goody bags could be small sand pails, shovels, sand forms?

Ivys_a_Mommy
by Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 6:38 PM

Some of it I can make other stuff i can buy either in stores or online.

Quoting Alicia_Griffin: Sounds cute but a lot of work! Where are you going to get all the nautical themes stuff at?

Funerary
by on Feb. 25, 2014 at 6:46 PM
1 mom liked this

All sounds great except maybe hold off on the fishing net with plastic lobsters inside. Sounds like something red lobster would do and it is honestly kind of tacky/trashy. Besides that tho sounds very well planned

hello_kitty25
by Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 6:50 PM
1 mom liked this
Awh cute!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)