Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

weird question.

Posted by on Feb. 25, 2014 at 8:31 PM
  • 10 Replies
I was talking to a couple of my friends and they were talking about being pregnant and periods. My one friend said you can't be pregnant and still get a period. Everyone disagreed with her and said you can.
So my question is did you get your period during you period?¿?
by on Feb. 25, 2014 at 8:31 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
toopicky429
by on Feb. 25, 2014 at 8:33 PM
Technically it is not your period if you are pregnant, but some women experience bleeding in early pregnancy (and some do for most of their pregnancy). So your friend was correct. No period if pregnant.
mom_of_twingirl
by Silver Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 8:35 PM
I know it is not your period, I should have worded it better and said bleeding.
clairewait
by Bronze Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 9:04 PM

Yes you can experience bleeding in pregnancy.

In fact, some women have it as regularly as they had their period. (But true, obviously it is not a period.)

I actually had a subchorionic hemmorhage a few weeks ago. (I was 12 weeks pregnant.) I thought I was having a miscarriage. It was a lot of blood. It poured out one good time, and then I had two more but seemingly lighter "bursts" the same day and then spotted for about 3 days. It has been almost 3 weeks, and I've had spotting twice since that incident. Just one time in two random days, very light, the blood was clearly old blood (brown).

My doc said it could continue happening throughout the pregnancy so not to be alarmed but just keep an eye on it and keep communication with him open.

Claire Wait

My blog: TheUnderToad.com

celestegood
by Gold Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 12:40 AM
You can spot and think its a period, but of course its not.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celestegood
by Gold Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 12:40 AM
Very scary! May your pregnancy be very healthy.

Quoting clairewait:

Yes you can experience bleeding in pregnancy.

In fact, some women have it as regularly as they had their period. (But true, obviously it is not a period.)

I actually had a subchorionic hemmorhage a few weeks ago. (I was 12 weeks pregnant.) I thought I was having a miscarriage. It was a lot of blood. It poured out one good time, and then I had two more but seemingly lighter "bursts" the same day and then spotted for about 3 days. It has been almost 3 weeks, and I've had spotting twice since that incident. Just one time in two random days, very light, the blood was clearly old blood (brown).

My doc said it could continue happening throughout the pregnancy so not to be alarmed but just keep an eye on it and keep communication with him open.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
splatz
by Sarah on Feb. 26, 2014 at 5:22 AM
I bled for almost the first full 15 weeks of my pregnancy with my youngest. (It stopped for a few days here and there.) I actually didn't think I was pregnant at first because I thought I was just having a weird period.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Feb. 26, 2014 at 8:28 AM

My mom had 3 periods when she was pregnant with me.She didnt know until she was 7 months along that I was even in her belly.She always had strange cycles

Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 10:05 AM

you can bleed while pregnant, a friend of mine had monthly bleedings during her whole pregnancy.  I had a pretty significant loss of blood at the beggining of my pregnancy that lasted one day.  And all was fine.

mrsnoble2004
by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 1:42 PM

I didn't. But a friend of mine thought she was having her period up until she was 7 months pregnant. Can you imagine finding out at 7 months?

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 1:58 PM

With my 1st. baby, I had some heavy spotting during my 1st. trimester.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)