Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

What tricks do you use to get your toddler to eat veggies?

Posted by on Feb. 25, 2014 at 10:11 PM
  • 30 Replies

I'm curious to know what other moms do to get their toddlers to eat veggies.  Ready, Set and Go!

by on Feb. 25, 2014 at 10:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
skymama10
by Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 10:12 PM
Give them to her. Idk she's not picky at all so here's a bump.
Mrs.Bolin
by Gold Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 10:45 PM

All i do is steam them. She eats them. But my 5yr old on the other hand is picky. she likes them steamed too but is picky at home and at school. She takes a multivitamin everyday

toopicky429
by Member on Feb. 25, 2014 at 10:47 PM
1 mom liked this
One warning, and then time out. I'm kind of mean, but it worked. My kids are 6 and 8 now. I also do not make veggies they absolutely hate. My son cannot stand asparagus, but my daughter loves it. So I will make him broccoli or a salad instead, and asparagus for the rest of us.
celestegood
by Gold Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 1:20 AM
Just offer it to them. They will eat them eventually, right?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
splatz
by Sarah on Feb. 26, 2014 at 5:06 AM
My 3 year old will try just about anything if she can dip it in ranch! lol So she eats a lot of raw veggies that way.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
splatz
by Sarah on Feb. 26, 2014 at 5:09 AM
Oh, and when she went through a super picky phase I started trying to make meals fun. One day I used a dinosaur cookie cutter on her sandwich. Then made a "tree" out of broccoli and had the dinosaur eating it. She now loves broccoli and still calls it trees lol. And cauliflower she calls snowy trees. Sometimes you just have to make it fun and interesting.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BonitaM
by Bronze Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 6:53 AM
1 mom liked this

DD has always just loved veggies.  As a matter of fact.....I give her the ones I don't like...celery, peppers, asparagus etc.  lol

goddess99
by Michelle on Feb. 26, 2014 at 9:05 AM

My dd has always liked veggies so I didn't really have to hide them in other foods.

clairewait
by Bronze Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 9:07 AM
1 mom liked this

MIne aren't particularly picky either and I'm the mean mom that doesn't "hide" veggies or provide endless options until we find something they like.

My best success with any undesireable food is to line up the food order from worst to best. My kids will pretty much choke down anything to get to something better. And for us, the bribe very often isn't even dessert. It might be something like peaches or cottage cheese!

Claire Wait

My blog: TheUnderToad.com

celestegood
by Gold Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 9:39 AM
1 mom liked this
Good for you!!!

Quoting goddess99:

My dd has always liked veggies so I didn't really have to hide them in other foods.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)