Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

What tricks do you use to get your toddler to eat veggies?

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm curious to know what other moms do to get their toddlers to eat veggies.  Ready, Set and Go!

by on Feb. 25, 2014 at 10:11 PM
Replies (21-30):
12yrmama
by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 3:14 PM

My kids all loved veggies at toddler ages. It only became a challenge later. (3-5 yrs old) I think as toddlers they liked the finger food aspect of it.

Cucumbers, tomatoes, lettuce/spinach with ranch dip. Sweet potato chunks, celery (crunchy!) with cream cheese or pb, and stir fry thin carrots, snow peas, broc. And carrots, peas, green beans in soups.

little.worthen
by Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 3:15 PM
This. Lol

Quoting skymama10: Give them to her. Idk she's not picky at all so here's a bump.
jky_67
by Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 3:25 PM
1) I've puréed fresh ceggies and mixed it into spaghetti sauce;

2) whether fried rice or soup, I chop fresh veggies so small they have to use a spoon to eat them (I use at least 6 different veggies) and they play guessing game;

3) I dump a whole bag of spinach to their ramen noodle soup and they gobble it up.
splatz
by Sarah on Feb. 26, 2014 at 4:20 PM

Hey, whatever works right? 

Another great way to sneak in fruits & veggies is smoothies! You can add baby spinach to any smoothie and you can't even taste it. I make them myself often to add in some extra veggies to my diet. 

Quoting SeraiahH:

That is very creative! 

Quoting splatz: Oh, and when she went through a super picky phase I started trying to make meals fun. One day I used a dinosaur cookie cutter on her sandwich. Then made a "tree" out of broccoli and had the dinosaur eating it. She now loves broccoli and still calls it trees lol. And cauliflower she calls snowy trees. Sometimes you just have to make it fun and interesting.

auntangelofsix
by Angel on Feb. 26, 2014 at 6:10 PM
My 2 yr old just about eats every veg u give him.
OBImomma
by Bronze Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 7:20 PM
1 mom liked this
My kids love veggies. They've only complained once about having to eat them. I made broccoli (their favorite) and put cheese sauce over it. I've never heard such crying before. I was told I ruined their broccoli. They were 2 and 4 (now 4 and 6). I've never done that again.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SeraiahH
by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 8:56 PM

That's awesome!  Right now my LO is in a no pasta phase.  I've switched to spaghetti squash instead which has worked well. :-)

Quoting jky_67: 1) I've puréed fresh ceggies and mixed it into spaghetti sauce; 2) whether fried rice or soup, I chop fresh veggies so small they have to use a spoon to eat them (I use at least 6 different veggies) and they play guessing game; 3) I dump a whole bag of spinach to their ramen noodle soup and they gobble it up.

uhitsrachel
by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 11:15 PM
My son is 2 and already pretending to gag on veggies. I tell him he can get down after he has a few bites of whatever vegetable we have. He will eat them fast after that and usually realize he does a tually like them. Lol. Otherwise I mix it in with the chicken or rice or whatever else we are having.
baileymarie723
by Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 9:55 AM
1 mom liked this
My daughter is 11 now, but when she was a toddler she LOVED veggies especially broccoli, so I never had to try tricking her into eating them.
SeraiahH
by on Feb. 28, 2014 at 10:08 AM
Oh the fake gag is such a classic! Lol My son usually will eat his veggies as long as they are not mushy. I can't blame him.

Quoting uhitsrachel: My son is 2 and already pretending to gag on veggies. I tell him he can get down after he has a few bites of whatever vegetable we have. He will eat them fast after that and usually realize he does a tually like them. Lol. Otherwise I mix it in with the chicken or rice or whatever else we are having.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN