Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Have you ever found anything of value?

Posted by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 2:45 PM
  • 22 Replies

I was reading about the California couple that found 10million dollars worth of gold coins buried in their yard.

That stuff NEVER happens to me....lol

I was just wondering if you have ever found anything of value before? 

by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 2:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 2:55 PM

I found a very nice gold chain (worth at least 300) once in the bathroom of the office building where I used to work - I left a note in the mirror and some lady came to claim it - she never even said thanks.  I'm still beating myself over the head over the stuff we gave away / sold for pennies at a garage sale when we had to sell my grand mother's house.  Stuff we were laughing at I saw on some antique show a few months later and they were worth a freckin' fortune

clairewait
by Bronze Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 4:32 PM
1 mom liked this

"Found" is probably the wrong word, but my family owns a stock that at one time was worth nothing (and often cost them money each year in taxes) and is now paying pretty well.

A great aunt invested in some random oil stock several decades ago. When she died, all the shares were split between my mother and her siblings.

The thing has always paid share holders "dividends" I think quarterly, and these checks would come in the mail for like, I dont' know, $16 or $32. My mom always made a big joke out of it.

Well. When the price of oil hit $100 a barrel (and continued climbing) this stock surprised everyone. It is now providing my parents with a very comfortable retirement.

Claire Wait

My blog: TheUnderToad.com

splatz
by Sarah on Feb. 26, 2014 at 5:11 PM

Wow! 

Yeah... I have never found anything. That would be awesome though! 

johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Feb. 26, 2014 at 6:17 PM
$50 bill
goddess99
by Michelle on Feb. 26, 2014 at 6:36 PM
1 mom liked this

I never have but my grandma who lived in my house before me found a bag of money in the vent system and took a trip to Finland with it. And just so no one bashes me. My family is the only people who ever lived in this house so either it was her husband who hid it or her dad who hid it, both passed away many years before the money was found.

12yrmama
by Member on Feb. 26, 2014 at 8:22 PM

86 $ in a grocery store parking lot. Just the cash... no wallet or anything.

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 10:21 AM

I really wish I would...lol...nothing so far..

SpiritFortress
by Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 10:57 AM

Unconditional love 

grannywilson
by New Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 12:57 PM

I found $5,000 dollars under some newspaper in my mother in law's closet.  I had to tell everyone and split in three ways but that was okay....

othermom
by Silver Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 1:17 PM

Nope nothing like that

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)