Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Have you ever found anything of value?

Posted by   + Show Post

I was reading about the California couple that found 10million dollars worth of gold coins buried in their yard.

That stuff NEVER happens to me....lol

I was just wondering if you have ever found anything of value before? 

by on Feb. 26, 2014 at 2:45 PM
Replies (21-22):
michelle623
by Member on Mar. 1, 2014 at 11:59 PM

Money

littlepinkrose
by Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 9:25 PM

My mom had a stock she got when my grandma died in oil.  When she died it went to me and my sisters there are four of us in all.  We have to split it up and the first check was like somewhere around $70.  Now it is always in the hundreds.  This stuff can pay off.

Quoting clairewait:

"Found" is probably the wrong word, but my family owns a stock that at one time was worth nothing (and often cost them money each year in taxes) and is now paying pretty well.

A great aunt invested in some random oil stock several decades ago. When she died, all the shares were split between my mother and her siblings.

The thing has always paid share holders "dividends" I think quarterly, and these checks would come in the mail for like, I dont' know, $16 or $32. My mom always made a big joke out of it.

Well. When the price of oil hit $100 a barrel (and continued climbing) this stock surprised everyone. It is now providing my parents with a very comfortable retirement.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)