Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

moms with boys, please help!

Posted by on Feb. 28, 2014 at 10:38 AM
  • 20 Replies

My son turned 4 November 1st.

He took awhile to potty train, he would pee in the potty but it wasnt until right after he turned 4 that he would poop in it. Everyone kept telling me this and that but i ignored them all and said he will learn when hes ready. And i was right. One day he just woke up, went in the toliet and for the past few months hasnt had one accident.

Until about a week ago.

All of a sudden, hes pooping his pants agian.

This isnt even the big problem, because its only been a few times its not a all the time thing.

The problem is peeing....EVERYWHERE

It started last week he was in the bath and my husband came in asking where his electronic cig was. My son said, i put it in my kitchen hole. At first we thought he was just talking being silly. Well after he kept insisting it was there, i went to see what he was talking about. So i went in the playroom and searched the playkitchen for a hole. Well in the back there was one. A place that had some sort of plug thing in it that at some point must have fallen off.  I looked inside and sure enough it was in there but as i leaned on the kitchen air pushed out, and the most god awful smell came out. So bad i actually threw up. And i am known for having a pretty strong stomach. it was that bad. Son at first admitted to peeing in it, this smell didnt smell like pee, but later said he was just kidding. So we just took the kitchen outside.

But then, i found a empty can that i let my daughter play with, it was filled with pee. So i asked him agian about the kitchen and he said he DID pee in it. 

Is this a phase? How do i get him to stop?? I was so upset, because i have no idea if there is anywhere else he has pee'd so i sent him to his dads and scrubbed and shampooed the entire room. with having a son, a husband, a ex husband, two brothers, and many guy friends growing up, i know boys are gross lol, ive seen them all pee in places that girls would never even think of. But how do i get my 4 year old to understand this is NOT okay to pee in the house anywhere but the toilet!?!

by on Feb. 28, 2014 at 10:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DanaG70
by Silver Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 10:44 AM

No this is not normal. Maybe start out by asking him WHY he feels the need to pee places that aren't appropriate? After that keep reminding him that he is not pee anywhere but in the toilet. 

othermom
by Silver Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 10:45 AM

Punish him when he pees any where but the toilet. Never had an issue with this with my son

TheMommaJessie
by on Feb. 28, 2014 at 10:49 AM

idk i can't get my 3 year old son to potty train  at all. he will pee in the potty only if i make him sit on the toilet he will not tell me he needs to pee or poop until he already did it in his diaper....I would ask your sons doctor about the issue might be something going on that isn't just a phase.

my4loves4
by on Feb. 28, 2014 at 11:42 AM

I did, but the problem is i dont find out until after the fact. Like the kitchen must of happened days before i found it because of the smell. The playroom is the kids "personal space" Its the one room in the house that is 100% child proff so they can go in there to get away. I cant shut the room off so he cant go in it, because i also have a daughter, and SD, and two kids I babysit who all play in there also... i think the problem might be his dad, if son has to go potty but for whatever reason cant, he lets him pee wherever they are (outside) so maybe he just dosent understand why its ok outside and not inside? We allow him to go outside in the summer but only on trees at grandmas in the country and never had this problem because he knew there were only certain places allowed.

Quoting othermom:

Punish him when he pees any where but the toilet. Never had an issue with this with my son

my4loves4
by on Feb. 28, 2014 at 11:48 AM

He was the same way. It just took time and patience... what i started to do was hide the diapers/pullups and for most of the day he was only allowed to wear underwear. After a few accidents in the underwear he realized he didnt like it and started going in the potty more.... So now saying this i think i might get why son has been pooping lol. I still put him in a pull up at night just in case, and thats  when he poops in it. So maybe its time to night potty train too. 

Quoting TheMommaJessie:

idk i can't get my 3 year old son to potty train  at all. he will pee in the potty only if i make him sit on the toilet he will not tell me he needs to pee or poop until he already did it in his diaper....I would ask your sons doctor about the issue might be something going on that isn't just a phase.

TheMommaJessie
by on Feb. 28, 2014 at 11:51 AM

i did the no diapers for a week he didn't care would still piss and poop

Quoting my4loves4:

He was the same way. It just took time and patience... what i started to do was hide the diapers/pullups and for most of the day he was only allowed to wear underwear. After a few accidents in the underwear he realized he didnt like it and started going in the potty more.... So now saying this i think i might get why son has been pooping lol. I still put him in a pull up at night just in case, and thats  when he poops in it. So maybe its time to night potty train too. 

Quoting TheMommaJessie:

my4loves4
by on Feb. 28, 2014 at 11:56 AM

:/ maybe hes just not ready. Like I said mine was 4 before he would completly. everyone thought it was weird, but me, so i asked the doctor, and he said not to worry boys can just be stubborn. Its not until awhile after 4 they start to worry. Just follow your gut, only you know your son. Its frustrating I know lol 

Quoting TheMommaJessie:

Quoting my4loves4:

Quoting TheMommaJessie:

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 12:11 PM

Try talking with him and continue to work with him...sometimes they go through stages...my 7yo went through a short stage with #2.

TheMommaJessie
by on Feb. 28, 2014 at 2:35 PM

it is like some days he will go first thing in the morning when I go then there are other days he just refuses. he was 2 1/2 months preemie so i have no idea if that has anything to do with it or not. his doctor is no help with anything.

Quoting my4loves4:

:/ maybe hes just not ready. Like I said mine was 4 before he would completly. everyone thought it was weird, but me, so i asked the doctor, and he said not to worry boys can just be stubborn. Its not until awhile after 4 they start to worry. Just follow your gut, only you know your son. Its frustrating I know lol 

Quoting TheMommaJessie:

Quoting my4loves4:

Quoting TheMommaJessie:

splatz
by Sarah on Mar. 2, 2014 at 8:08 PM

Oh geez... I'm not sure. Have you asked him why he is doing this?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN