Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

moms with boys, please help!

Posted by   + Show Post

My son turned 4 November 1st.

He took awhile to potty train, he would pee in the potty but it wasnt until right after he turned 4 that he would poop in it. Everyone kept telling me this and that but i ignored them all and said he will learn when hes ready. And i was right. One day he just woke up, went in the toliet and for the past few months hasnt had one accident.

Until about a week ago.

All of a sudden, hes pooping his pants agian.

This isnt even the big problem, because its only been a few times its not a all the time thing.

The problem is peeing....EVERYWHERE

It started last week he was in the bath and my husband came in asking where his electronic cig was. My son said, i put it in my kitchen hole. At first we thought he was just talking being silly. Well after he kept insisting it was there, i went to see what he was talking about. So i went in the playroom and searched the playkitchen for a hole. Well in the back there was one. A place that had some sort of plug thing in it that at some point must have fallen off.  I looked inside and sure enough it was in there but as i leaned on the kitchen air pushed out, and the most god awful smell came out. So bad i actually threw up. And i am known for having a pretty strong stomach. it was that bad. Son at first admitted to peeing in it, this smell didnt smell like pee, but later said he was just kidding. So we just took the kitchen outside.

But then, i found a empty can that i let my daughter play with, it was filled with pee. So i asked him agian about the kitchen and he said he DID pee in it. 

Is this a phase? How do i get him to stop?? I was so upset, because i have no idea if there is anywhere else he has pee'd so i sent him to his dads and scrubbed and shampooed the entire room. with having a son, a husband, a ex husband, two brothers, and many guy friends growing up, i know boys are gross lol, ive seen them all pee in places that girls would never even think of. But how do i get my 4 year old to understand this is NOT okay to pee in the house anywhere but the toilet!?!

by on Feb. 28, 2014 at 10:38 AM
Replies (11-20):
mamavalor
by on Mar. 3, 2014 at 10:54 AM

I would have him help you clean it up in addition to what the other ladies have said about explaining to him that he can't pee or poop except in the toilet.

boys2men2soon
by Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 11:08 AM

It is not abnormal.   He has probably just fascinated by the fact that he can fill holes by aiming at them.  My son pee'd in his closet at that age.... because he wanted to see what pee did on carpet.  

Explain that going potty anywhere but the toilet is not okay because of germs.  That is why babies need to wear diapers.    And why toilets flush.

WahmSahm
by Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 8:01 PM

I don't know if this will help, but both of my boys went through a phase where they got their kicks peeing wherever they took the notion (in a Rubbermaid dish, in the middle of the floor, on the porch, on a girl cousin's swingset) and it was aggravating.  No telling what in the world was going through their minds, but it finally passed after some stern talking to.  I think they just did it because they could--like writing their names in the snow sort of stuff, ya know?  My husband told me that when he was a kid, he peed all over the snowman he and his siblings had made just for the heck of it! (Sorry--couldn't help thinking that one was funny! LOL)

Another possibility is that he doesn't want to quit playing long enough to visit the toilet.  I know I had several accidents as a little girl for that reason.

Hope this helps a little.

Droyal14u
by on Mar. 4, 2014 at 2:26 AM

GET HELP NOW!!!! My son and I were evicted several years ago and we were fortunate enough to live with a friend that wasn't close, but I'd never been to her home before. She had 5 kids; four boys and 1 girl. One of the sons had a serious problem with peeing all over the house in cups, bowls, cans and leaving them around like nasty smelling trophies!!! It didn't stop there. He was older early teens, and the mom said she'd tried everything, though I doubt she'd have taken the drastic measures I would have. Anyway, the whole house REEKED of nasty urine everywhere, it saturated the carpets, sofa, floor in the bathroom, and was just unbelievable!!! "HIS" bathroom became a place you didn't go into unless you couldn't make it to the "safe"one down the hall, the stench was appaling and he also wiped the walls with excrement. It was an eye-opening experience and not one I'd ever like to repeat. Being homeless was bad, staying there briefly was NOT much better. (Yes, I was thankful, but it was very difficult for everyone) I was very serious when I said "GET HELP NOW."

KRIZZ25
we try to make excuses for ower kids bad behavior. when its ower fault for letting it happen in first place.we need to show them how to behave. dont make excuses ..make solutions ..
Yesterday at 9:54 PM
by Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 2:34 AM
sounds like laziness..dont wont stop playing to go potty.
RandiBear
by New Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 3:12 AM

My son and all my nephews have done this. All as result of some sort of stress. My son started when he started school, just got used to the schedule, then it got messed up by snow days. At first I just told him not to do it again. He did anyway (he peed on the walls, door, floors, his train table, his kitchen set, his block bucket..) So I started making him help me clean it up, and when it involved toys, he couldnt play with that toy for a couple days. When he helped me clean, I reminded him that we only pee and poop in the potty. He has stopped except for the occassional accident when he gets wrapped up playing.

jky_67
by Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 5:38 PM
Sorry you're going thru this. I have almost 9 yo boy who still wets the bed at night, almost every night (I've posted before about doing laundry at public laundromat) and a 4 yo boy who doesn't have accidents, I always carry an empty bottle in the car for emergencies, otherwise, they pee in the toilet. Just keep asking him every 1/2 hour, every hour, to pee/poop until he gets it. You have to be the pee police until, someday, he gets it. Good luck.
lunyuny
by on Mar. 4, 2014 at 5:42 PM
Not ok!!! Clear through a doc any possible problems. Let him know not ok and then set a punishment and stick to it
nana776
by Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 5:57 PM

I would do a little detective work and see if something has scared him off of the toilet. My yds had the same problems and I found out that his cousin had told him that there was an alligator in the toilet that would come up and bite him. My oldest grandaughter started having accidents because she was afraid that if she stopped playing with something to go to the bathroom, someone would have taken it by the time she came back. Kids get some crazy ideas in their heads too. I think if you search it out, you will probably have a good giggle about it all.

I definitely would make him clean up the places that he his making his messes.

celestegood
by Gold Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 1:20 AM
1 mom liked this
My four year old enjoys peeing in things, like bottles. I just tell him you aren't supposed to, and he will stop, eventually. My older sons did it too. It's a phase.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)