Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

meeting local moms

Posted by on Feb. 28, 2014 at 2:46 PM
  • 12 Replies

Where do you all look for new mommy friends? I have tried tons of websites, but there is nothing in my area. Or if there is it has all been inactive for years. Need new mommy friends ):

by on Feb. 28, 2014 at 2:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
m.garcia21
by Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 2:51 PM
Idk i have the same problem
goddess99
by Michelle on Feb. 28, 2014 at 3:01 PM

Welcome! You can search CafeMom for your city, there may be a group for your area, Good luck!

Mishy2
by on Feb. 28, 2014 at 10:12 PM

Where are you from?

Quoting michaelaking:

Where do you all look for new mommy friends? I have tried tons of websites, but there is nothing in my area. Or if there is it has all been inactive for years. Need new mommy friends ):

**** Join us at ~*~ MOMMY CHATS ~*~ - a fun & friendly place for moms, moms to be, and TTC women to meet other moms, give advice, share stories, make new friends and just chat.   

clairewait
by Bronze Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 10:21 PM

I made my first friends in my new town with other moms from my kids' preschool - many of whom I still see regularly even though our kids are all in 1st grade now and at different schools.

Other places I've made friends (moms or not) is church, the gym, parents of kids at school, and my husband's work connections... probably in that order. I live in a suburb of Winston-Salem. Our "town" is small which means I can easily see someone I know every day if I'm out and about, but because we are so close to the bigger city it doesn't feel like the annoying "small town gossip" type of place.

It is truly just the right size.

Claire Wait

My blog: TheUnderToad.com

Senile-felines
by on Feb. 28, 2014 at 10:28 PM
I'm still looking.
waytomanykids10
by Bronze Member on Feb. 28, 2014 at 10:36 PM

I don't really look, I am kind of a loner and prefer to not really go out and meet new people.

michaelaking
by on Mar. 1, 2014 at 9:38 PM

Well I justy recently moved to Russellville, KY. This is a tiny town just like your Winston-Salem area. I just went to Walmart tonight and saw the same people I did just last week Haha I've been talking to moms I see at stores who have children with them and maybe people just dont catch on that I am looking for mommy friends. Do I need to say "hey want to hang out?" or would I be coming off to strong? I have my family here...but thats just not the same. I did just recently find an LLL meeting about 30 minutes from me...so fingers crossed maybe I wil find someone there!

connie45
by Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 12:15 AM
www.momsclub.org.

An international organization with chapters almost everywhere. I've belonged over 10 yes and have fantastic friends. We do charity work and fundraising a long with many inexpensive activities and organized playgroups.
Makhismom
by Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 12:25 AM

I cant ever find moms either. Ive talked to two on here but nothing ever came of it.

splatz
by Sarah on Mar. 2, 2014 at 7:40 AM
This is hard for me too. How old are your children?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN