Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

I dont have any time with my family and dont have any friends

Posted by on Mar. 1, 2014 at 5:49 PM
  • 16 Replies
I feel really alone and feel like my family don't want to spend any time with me and my kids I feel like we are not important to them, they don't even call to ask how we are doing, I tried to give them my number, a thousand time but nobody uses it why does it got to be me to be the black sheep?
by on Mar. 1, 2014 at 5:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on Mar. 1, 2014 at 7:35 PM

hugs

momtodab
by Member on Mar. 1, 2014 at 11:15 PM
Been there done that. My family never says anything to me unless we bump into them in a store. So me and my hubby packed up the kids and moved. Sometimes there Is no other way. Youll find friends of you look in the right places. I'm starting to. I go weekly with the kids to the circle time at the local library. It's free and I'm meeting other parents.

It will get better. :)
delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 7:20 AM

Hugs...not as close with my side either....see more of my dh's side...if you find others that are friends, just try to draw in with them...hope things get better...

splatz
by Sarah on Mar. 2, 2014 at 8:09 PM

Sorry mama :(

littlepinkrose
by Member on Mar. 2, 2014 at 10:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Try calling them yourself and schedule some time together.  Maybe invite them to your house for pizza and a movie. Or have a big family dinner togehter or potluck if you are into that kind of thing.

sassifiedmama
by on Mar. 3, 2014 at 9:02 AM

I always felt in life that you have to reach out to others regardless of how painful.  People sometimes wont go out of their way . Follow your heart & reach out to others. I also live a long distance from my family but they are good w/ keeping in touch & calling 1-3x/wk.. Yes it can get lonley. So keep on keeping on . You & your kids will meet others in their school ,activities,church etc. & form your own lives.  Just because it is bad today doesn't mean it will be that way forever. Good friends are hard to come by. 

heather77g
by on Mar. 3, 2014 at 9:23 AM

(hugs) i know how you feel. The only people I hear from is my Mom and sometimes my Dad. Other than that my communication is mostly with my kids and people at work. I am not close to my husbands side neither. I do feel that over the years the basis of common family traditions have changed. It does hurt to not have anyone to talk to or feel as the black sheep of the family (i know this all to well). We are all here for you and find things that you can do to get you in the community. Like through church maybe? 

wickedfunmom
by Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 11:15 AM

Have you tried reaching out to them? Family can be tricky.. I feel that way with mine sometimes. Everyone gets so caught up in their busy schedules these days that they forget that family should be #1 priority (I have been guilty of this myself) Try reaching out and setting up a get together.. good luck! :) 

mmmom9
by New Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 11:22 AM
Try reaching out to them. Join a church or a club in town. I just go up to people and start talking.
mmmom9
by New Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 11:22 AM
Try reaching out to them. Join a church or a club in town. I just go up to people and start talking.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)