Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Organic or don't care??

Posted by   + Show Post
With all of the news articles about GMO in foods and buying organic I thought it would be worth checking out. So do you buy organic or do you not care about it?
by on Mar. 2, 2014 at 8:15 AM
Replies (41-47):
mamavalor
by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:12 PM

Whenever I can I buy organic.

lauren131
by Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 6:14 PM
Always buy organic meat other than meat i try but sometimes give into fast food or a little debbie :)
Bonnie_
by Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 9:52 PM

As  much as I can.  I  now  buy the  organic  milk  in the cardboard carton  and I'm so  glad I switched.   It  lasts  almost  twice as long  and tastes SO much better  it's worth the few extra dollars. 

SeraiahH
by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 10:14 PM
Do you see an increase in your overall grocery bill since changing to organic?

Quoting waytomanykids10:

We do mostly organic.

SeraiahH
by on Mar. 19, 2014 at 10:15 PM
Love that you have a garden! That's totally a frugal way to have fresh and organic and the same time. :-)

Quoting Mrs.Bolin:

Don't have much organic stuff to buy in this small town. But I do buy as much fresh produce as i can. Thats gotta be better than nothing. No im not a total crazy nut about organic stuff but if i could afford it and if it was availble then i would do it! I do however do my own vegitable garden every summer and grow my own pumpkin for pies and bread.

waytomanykids10
by Bronze Member on Mar. 19, 2014 at 10:24 PM
1 mom liked this

I want to say we spend about $150-$200 more a month then what we were spending. Some stuff we raise ourselves.

Quoting SeraiahH: Do you see an increase in your overall grocery bill since changing to organic?
Quoting waytomanykids10:

We do mostly organic.

celestegood
by Gold Member on Mar. 20, 2014 at 12:02 AM
1 mom liked this
Exactly. Even organically grown foods are genetically modified, even heirloom plants are modified. I would think it would be hard to find a plant alive today that we eat that isn't genetically modified in some way.

Quoting coronado25:

My feeling is that those who shun GMOs need to take a science class. Learn something about genes. I am embarrassed for these such otherwise intelligent people.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN