Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Beyond the BRAT diet... Any suggestions?

Posted by   + Show Post

So my dd has been sick the entire weekend and now she can't even keep down the brat diet. Any food suggestions? I feel so bad, she really hasn't eaten in 48 hours. She's 11.

by on Mar. 2, 2014 at 2:07 PM
Replies (21-23):
luvbugs3
by on Mar. 5, 2014 at 11:26 AM

Call your doctor, see if she needs to go to the hospital to get IV liquids. My DD had something like this and had to be admitted to the hospital to be on IV due to dehydration.  If she has not gone to the bathroom in a while, or has diarrhea, that is a good indicator.  If she can at least drink a little, then tea, ginger ale, broth, jello etc. she should be fine.

goddess99
by Michelle on Mar. 5, 2014 at 11:31 AM

I've been watching for dehydration but so far I think she's ok.

Quoting luvbugs3:

Call your doctor, see if she needs to go to the hospital to get IV liquids. My DD had something like this and had to be admitted to the hospital to be on IV due to dehydration.  If she has not gone to the bathroom in a while, or has diarrhea, that is a good indicator.  If she can at least drink a little, then tea, ginger ale, broth, jello etc. she should be fine.

luvbugs3
by on Mar. 5, 2014 at 11:33 AM
1 mom liked this

Oh, good. 

Quoting goddess99:

I've been watching for dehydration but so far I think she's ok.

Quoting luvbugs3:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN