Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

I am an umpire's wife

Posted by on Mar. 3, 2014 at 2:01 PM
  • 15 Replies

AMA

by on Mar. 3, 2014 at 2:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
johnny4ever
Hiking!
Yesterday at 10:55 AM
by Mrs. Depp on Mar. 3, 2014 at 4:04 PM

Welcome to the Group!

Beenhereforever
by on Mar. 3, 2014 at 4:05 PM
My hubby is an ump also.
ladybugchick317
by Bronze Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 4:07 PM

How long have you guys been in it? (Yes you are in too. Umpires can't do anything without the wife)

Quoting Beenhereforever: My hubby is an ump also.

ladybugchick317
by Bronze Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 4:07 PM

Thanks. How are you

Quoting johnny4ever:

Welcome to the Group!

Beenhereforever
by on Mar. 3, 2014 at 4:10 PM
He's been one since 2006... But he is just for like small time.. It's a hobby for him . But lot of uniform cleaning..

Quoting ladybugchick317:

How long have you guys been in it? (Yes you are in too. Umpires can't do anything without the wife)

johnny4ever
Hiking!
Yesterday at 10:55 AM
by Mrs. Depp on Mar. 3, 2014 at 4:13 PM

Quoting ladybugchick317:

Thanks. How are you

Quoting johnny4ever:

Welcome to the Group!

Tired and achy!

ladybugchick317
by Bronze Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 4:16 PM

This is dh's 3rd season. He is retired so this is his career. He does school ball, dizzy dean, and about 4 other organizations. We love it and he has been so happy since starting. But yes a lot uniform cleaning and listening to rule changes and listening to how games went (when I was there) and hemming up pants and sewing on patches.

Quoting Beenhereforever: He's been one since 2006... But he is just for like small time.. It's a hobby for him . But lot of uniform cleaning..
Quoting ladybugchick317:

ladybugchick317
by Bronze Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 4:18 PM

Same here. It was warm yesterday and a freezing rain today. My athritis is killing me and can't get warm. We have had the doors opened most of the day to get the smell out of the office. (I work in a galvanizing plant and a rat died in the ceiling so we had to wait for maintenence to get it)

Quoting johnny4ever:

Quoting ladybugchick317:

Thanks. How are you

Quoting johnny4ever:

Welcome to the Group!

Tired and achy!

Beenhereforever
by on Mar. 3, 2014 at 4:22 PM
Umpires have nice butts! Lol! He's done from little kids and college professional games.. He was navy when he started so it's been a lot of rule changes.

Quoting ladybugchick317:

This is dh's 3rd season. He is retired so this is his career. He does school ball, dizzy dean, and about 4 other organizations. We love it and he has been so happy since starting. But yes a lot uniform cleaning and listening to rule changes and listening to how games went (when I was there) and hemming up pants and sewing on patches.

Quoting Beenhereforever: He's been one since 2006... But he is just for like small time.. It's a hobby for him . But lot of uniform cleaning..
Quoting ladybugchick317:

ladybugchick317
by Bronze Member on Mar. 3, 2014 at 4:26 PM

Mine also does adult ball and hopefully will make it to at least college ball. Mine was Navy too

Quoting Beenhereforever: Umpires have nice butts! Lol! He's done from little kids and college professional games.. He was navy when he started so it's been a lot of rule changes.
Quoting ladybugchick317:

Quoting ladybugchick317:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)