Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

Do you know any 9/11 survivors.

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2014 at 7:42 AM
  • 9 Replies
Remember the woman who spilled coffee on her shirt in the car and had to turn around and go back home to change? If she hadn't spilled her coffee, she would have been a goner!

I flew on a plane to Virginia about two days before the attack, because my family up there called me up earlier than expected. So the plane I was on wasn't hijacked or anything. Do you people you know have any stories?
by on Mar. 4, 2014 at 7:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Mar. 4, 2014 at 8:31 AM

No but the Shanksville Plane was close to my hometown.

goddess99
by Michelle on Mar. 4, 2014 at 11:03 AM

Nope, I know no one involved.

romalove
by Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 11:04 AM
Yes. I also know people who lost loved ones and firefighters who were in the towers and survived but lost their partners.
colins_mom
by Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 11:13 AM
My mom has a friend who was supposed to be in the towers. She was also a substitute teacher. As she was getting ready to leave she got a call from one of the schools near by needing a sub and she took it.

She was supposed to be in one of the higher floors on the first tower, had she been there there is no way she would have made it out.

I have a friend who was supposed to start as a fireman in NYC that day but his dd passed away the night before. He was home with his wife.
veolet4ever
by New Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 11:21 AM

I was a financial anylist at Citibank in San Antonio.  I got calls from New York just as the planes crashed the Twin Towers.  They were petrified and said they actually saw the two planes crash into the World Trade C enter.  I WAS one of the first one to hear about what happened.  I'm still affected with what I heard today.

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 4:54 PM

No, I don't know anyone but saw a Maury show episode where 2 ladies visited the towers just before it happened and took a picture of them up top somewhere...they showed the picture on Maury.

kacfl816
by Member on Mar. 4, 2014 at 5:41 PM
I work with a retired fireman who was there doing search and rescue. His brother died there during search anf rescue.
celestegood
by Gold Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 1:23 AM
I read about the first responders and search and rescuers getting ill because of the dust they were exposed to. I'm so sorry for his loss. Just a tragedy all around.

Quoting kacfl816: I work with a retired fireman who was there doing search and rescue. His brother died there during search anf rescue.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovinmykiddo07
by Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 1:25 AM
No, but I was in NYC with my aunt, in the world trade centers on August 11, 2001.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)