Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

having kids back to back

Posted by on Mar. 5, 2014 at 1:38 PM
  • 8 Replies

I just found out i am pregnant, and i have a 9 month old. All these things are running through my mind, need to move to bigger place, will the newborns' cries at night wake the older sister? I know it won't be a bother to parents who live an hr away to come stay with sibling for 3 days while i am in the hospital, but i still bad having people to take time off work,and my mom just took two months off job already this year due to family emergency.

if you have had kids back to back, if there are any tips, please respond.

by on Mar. 5, 2014 at 1:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Mar. 5, 2014 at 2:22 PM

My first 2 were the closest....and I had to feel my way and adjust...I did have help from dh and relatives and my mom at the time.  Hope all will work out for you....

goddess99
by Michelle on Mar. 5, 2014 at 4:22 PM

Here's a Bump for you. I only have 1 but Congrats!! Everything will work out =)

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Mar. 5, 2014 at 4:38 PM

I only had one. Congrats!!!!

tammeee3
by New Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 7:03 AM
Mine were similar. 18 months apart.it was hard at first trying to potty train ans a newborn..i had alot of help.and it gets easier. .my younger one was a breeze as a toddler. .she wanted to keep up worth her brother so did everything early..as they got a little older they had their days.i would know if they were fighting as they pass each other's room i knew it woyld be one of those days..just think you get done with diapets and baby stuff sooner and they can play together.also treasure everyday mine are 18 and 17 (today) also have a 12 yr old...it. goes by so fast,even though some days it might not serm like it
momtodab
by Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 9:17 AM
I have a 5 yr old and a 4 yrs old and 1 yr old. They slept thru everything from day one of the baby. Well they have separate rooms? If not maybe put the baby in your room for awhile until you can get a place they can have their own rooms. Take naps when your 9 month old does daily! And when new baby gets here do the same. Involve the older one as much add you can. They can be gray little helpers and makes them feel important. :) feel free to message me if you'd like! :-) it will ask work out.
celestegood
by Gold Member on Mar. 6, 2014 at 10:52 AM
I wish you luck and would like to say congratulations!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
splatz
by Sarah on Mar. 7, 2014 at 2:16 AM

Good luck & congrats! 

momtoo4boyz
by on Mar. 13, 2014 at 3:39 AM
Its not so bad. Being organized really helps. Keep them on the same schedule and it will be a lot easier.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)