Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

how can i stop the nail biting?

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2014 at 9:05 PM
  • 23 Replies
My 3 year old has picked up the nail biting habit. Unfortunately it was from me. Now I have stopped but I can't get her to stop. I have tried that No Bite bitter nail polish stuff but she just chews it off. What else can I do to make her stop?
by on Mar. 6, 2014 at 9:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
goddess99
by Michelle on Mar. 7, 2014 at 8:35 AM

Do you think it actually has to do with her nails or does she just have an oral fixation? You could give her something else that's safe to chew on just to save her nails then try weaning her off that. This is what we and my dd's school did for my daughter.

armyvet06
by Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 8:49 AM
Its her nails. She saw me do it and thought it was ok.

Quoting goddess99:

Do you think it actually has to do with her nails or does she just have an oral fixation? You could give her something else that's safe to chew on just to save her nails then try weaning her off that. This is what we and my dd's school did for my daughter.

goddess99
by Michelle on Mar. 7, 2014 at 9:03 AM

Oh. Good luck, hope someone has a better suggestion.

Quoting armyvet06: Its her nails. She saw me do it and thought it was ok.
Quoting goddess99:

johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Mar. 7, 2014 at 9:07 AM

I pick my nails..ugh!

mamamiajk
by Platinum Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 9:12 AM

maybe try tobasco sause on the tips...

m.garcia21
by Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 8:01 PM
If you figure it out let me know ive bn biting my nails since i was about ten and havent bn able to stop ive tried everything in the book including the fake nails i just chew em off. Gl
armyvet06
by Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 9:10 PM
Im trying not too

Quoting johnny4ever:

I pick my nails..ugh!

armyvet06
by Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 9:11 PM
I'm thinking of trying that

Quoting mamamiajk:

maybe try tobasco sause on the tips...

armyvet06
by Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 9:12 PM
I quit cold turkey. Have you tried that nail biting stuff? I think it's called stop the bite.

Quoting m.garcia21: If you figure it out let me know ive bn biting my nails since i was about ten and havent bn able to stop ive tried everything in the book including the fake nails i just chew em off. Gl
m.garcia21
by Member on Mar. 7, 2014 at 9:29 PM
Yup i have . I just keep biting til i can no longer taste it.idk what to do

Quoting armyvet06: I quit cold turkey. Have you tried that nail biting stuff? I think it's called stop the bite.

Quoting m.garcia21: If you figure it out let me know ive bn biting my nails since i was about ten and havent bn able to stop ive tried everything in the book including the fake nails i just chew em off. Gl
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN