Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

evil sm

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2014 at 1:57 AM
  • 9 Replies
That's me! Sd lives with us full time hasn't seen bm since Christmas but is supposed to be going Tuesday for spring break.
Sd is a pain in the butt most mornings. Typically I wake her up as my husband works late nights and I have class at 9 so ill wake the kids, dress sd and take my younget to school before heading to my class. Except on Fridays I work so dh wakes up with the kids. This morning sd was being her typically crab apple I don't like mornings self. So she missed the bus and dh had to take her. He text me saying she's grounded I said ok she can set out 10 mins of swim practice tonight. ( She's on special Olympics swim team and they are off next week so I didn't want her to set out of the whole thing. ) We get there she sets out, explains to her friends why she didn't come early like we typically do so they can play, swims and did really good at all of that I was shocked.
She asked if she could call her mom after practice to tell her about how long she stayed under water. I said sure she ended up telling bm that I made her set out and told her why. I was so pissed bm said "what an evil sm" I snatched the phone and hung up.
I know i over reacted but we pay for swim team and I have been fighting with drs to fix sds physical because bm messed it up. Some how though I'm an evil sm? I told sd that I was sorry for snatching the phone her but it wasn't nice for bm to call me evil. I told her it was like a bad word she understood. I'm still a little steamed.
by on Mar. 8, 2014 at 1:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
celestegood
by Gold Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 6:43 AM
I'm sorry that happened to you.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
srltb143
by on Mar. 8, 2014 at 9:24 PM

wow, that was really crappy of bm....for her to down you like that to your sd is just wrong....it will only create problems and can really end up making sd feel torn......

LeKendria
by on Mar. 8, 2014 at 9:32 PM
1 mom liked this

While it was rude of her to call you that I think it was equally disrespectful for you to hang up on her mom. You two owe each other respect for the childs sake. I hope things work out for you all.

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Mar. 9, 2014 at 8:04 AM

I would have snatched the phone, but I would have talked to the Mother to explain the whole situation.

nuts4scouts
by Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 12:18 PM

If SD was talking on the phone how did you manage to hear what BM said?

Did you make her talk on speaker?

Do you regularly snoop in on conversations between SD and her mother?

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 4:35 PM

That sounds like a challenging situation....hope things will work out better for you...

mamaBerg85
by Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 8:17 PM
Bm is as loud as shit and sd was setting in the car with me. I never snoop but I'm not rude either I'm not going to talk while sd is on the phone nor am I going turn the radio on. I heard sd say yeah practice was fun but I had to set out for 10mins because I didn't listen to daddy this morning. Then bm said sm is an evil sm isnt she? I said sd give me my phone and then I hung up. Again I admit it was a bit much but at the same time I don't think sd needs to hear her mom say that shit about me.

Quoting nuts4scouts:

If SD was talking on the phone how did you manage to hear what BM said?

Did you make her talk on speaker?

Do you regularly snoop in on conversations between SD and her mother?

nuts4scouts
by Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 11:24 AM

It was actually more than a "bit much". It was, in my opinion, extremely rude.

It does not matter if you pay for her swim lessons. It does not matter if you have to be the one to fix BM's paperwork errors.

It does not matter that you could hear both sides of the conversation.

You intervened in a "private" conversation between a child and her mother.  

Did it ever occur to you that the girl's mother might have been making a joke? "Evil SM" is a bit of a, very old, very tired, but often used, joke stereotype. One that you have now firmly embedded in the girl's brain by your actions, and by telling her her mother used a "bad" word.

Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 1:38 PM

how childish is the bm seriously ...  dumber than a bag of rocks !  She should be thankful that you are caring and raising her child, showing her life's ropes and taking her to swimming instead of bitching you out.  I would be fuming too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)