Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

What to write on condolence card

Posted by   + Show Post

Sister is happy her hubby died. She was tired of him, his family and his illness. She had her eyes on other men even when her husband was still alive. She actually went out( I don't think she had sexual relationship with them) with a few men when husband was still alive. her husband left her a significant pension and life insurance...lucky her.

We have never been close. I want to send her a condolence card but have no idea what to write.

Please help.

by on Mar. 8, 2014 at 8:22 AM
Replies (11-15):
celestegood
by Gold Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 8:33 AM
Love your response. I would do the same!

Quoting mamamiajk:

I'd leave it to Hallmark.....

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dotsicle
by Member on Mar. 11, 2014 at 6:40 PM

Yep. Buy a nice card and sign your name. No "sorry" about anything.

sarahmargaret24
by on Mar. 11, 2014 at 6:45 PM
Wow she sounds like a horrible person!
Esmrlda
by Member on Mar. 11, 2014 at 7:25 PM

haha how about "Im thinking of you and sending you my best regards"  I dont see anything wrong with her being happy he died. It happens, I get tired of my in laws too.

This is her second life, I hope she makes the most of it.

mycutepup
by Member on Mar. 11, 2014 at 8:49 PM

Quoting mycutepup:

Sister is happy her hubby died. She was tired of him, his family and his illness. She had her eyes on other men even when her husband was still alive. She actually went out( I don't think she had sexual relationship with them) with a few men when husband was still alive. her husband left her a significant pension and life insurance...lucky her.

We have never been close. I want to send her a condolence card but have no idea what to write.

Please help.

I don't see anything wrong with her being tired of her past life either. I think I will take your suggestion. Thanks

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)