Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

How early did you start potty training?

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2014 at 10:26 PM
  • 23 Replies

My LO is 19 months and he is slowly getting potty trained.  He has gone on the potty a few times and received his special treat but we have not pushed the issue at this point since he is 19 months.  I was curious how early y'all started potty training your LO?

Best Regards,

Seraiahhappy

You can find me on Facebook too www.facebook.com/seraiahhummel

by on Mar. 8, 2014 at 10:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
clairewait
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 10:38 PM
2 moms liked this

It has depended on the child, so far. I wait to see readiness signs.

Waking up dry. Peeing/pooping on a predictable schedule. Going long periods of time (during the day) and staying dry. 

One child was 2.5 and it took a weekend.

The other was just shy of 2 and it took closer to a week.

I think there's definitely a window where you can maximize it. There's such a thing as too young, but there's such a thing as too old too... so I try to find the window.

I have 2 girls pt'd so far. My next babe is a boy. Might be different... I'm not sure how it will go.

missmeli77
by Member on Mar. 8, 2014 at 10:39 PM
2 yrs old...
SweetCL
by on Mar. 8, 2014 at 10:44 PM

I did not start potty training with any of my kids. I waited until they showed an interest to use the potty.

Mrs.Bolin
by Gold Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 1:00 AM

My oldest daughter is 5 and i introduced it when she was about 16 months. She wasnt fully trained until she was almost 3.5. My youngest daughter is 18 months and im not gonna intoduce it for a while. Maybe late spring. She hasn't showed any signs at all. I highly recomend a dvd called potty power to anyone.I got it on amazon.com  Shows real kids sitting on the toilet and potty. My daughter loved it and it helped move things along pretty good.

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Mar. 9, 2014 at 7:58 AM

I started my daughter at 14 months and by time she was 2 she was fully potty trained. Every child is different.

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 4:22 PM

2yo with the 1st. and 3 to 5yo with all my others.

MrsRobinson06
by New Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 4:27 PM
20 months for both of them.
MistyMoo
by Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 4:28 PM
Dd was about 1.5 years when we potty trained her and ds was about 2.5..
DiamondSmith
by New Member on Mar. 9, 2014 at 5:52 PM
1 mom liked this
My son's 19 months he always went with me to Potty and at 12 months started sayin I poo poo, he's gone numerous times but still seems to tell me after the fact he's interested in going an I honestly think when they start telling you or showing interest in the Potty start.I've trained all 4 of my nephews boy an girl's, an Even if it is a head start you'll just start saving money on diapers an have an awesome kid that's ahead of his peers, it may boost his confidence aswell haha. I've heard plenty of women say they reward with stickers or this or that after but comeon? Do we get stickers for going to the bathroom? No we get flush the toilet (hear the interesting noise from Potty) and wash our hands( I've found that foamy soap with the cartoon/character they like on it works best maybe a song to:)). An always make it a big deal. It really helped with all the kids I Potty trained. Hope this helps some.
goddess99
by Michelle on Mar. 9, 2014 at 6:24 PM
1 mom liked this

I introduced a potty chair to my dd and taught her how to use it when she was just beyond 1 year old but she honestly wasn't interested until she was 4.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)