Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

How many hours of sleep do you get a night?

Posted by on Mar. 10, 2014 at 2:56 PM
  • 51 Replies
How many hours a night bdid you sleep before you had kids?

I'm guessing most of us sleep a lot less now!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 10, 2014 at 2:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 3:11 PM

Honestly DD is 10 - I cannot remember ; I'm not a morning person so I remember getting up at the very last minute in the morning before going to work.  On the weekends, I'd go to bed real late and sleep in late too.  Since I've had DD I run on less than 6 hours per night every single day.  Now that she's 10, sometimes on the weekend I get to sleep in a little in the morning, but if not awaken by my daughter, one of the dogs will.  *sigh*

waytomanykids10
by Bronze Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 3:43 PM

2-4 hours, most nights 2. I actually get more sleep now that I have kids, now I get around 3-6 hours a night

RunningMommaof2
by Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 3:45 PM
I sleep 8-10 hours a night. I didn't get this much before kids. I also didn't care about my health before kids... I cared much more about my night time social life, which I do not have now.
johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Mar. 10, 2014 at 4:16 PM

7 usually..

goddess99
by Michelle on Mar. 10, 2014 at 5:15 PM

I used to sleep like 12 hours lol now I get half that a night.

coala
by on Mar. 10, 2014 at 5:31 PM

I actually sleep more now than I did before I had kids.  I need about 9-10 hours a night now and I usually get it.  I plan to go to bed at a certain time each night and most of the time I  make it.

clairewait
by Bronze Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 8:26 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting RunningMommaof2: I sleep 8-10 hours a night. I didn't get this much before kids. I also didn't care about my health before kids... I cared much more about my night time social life, which I do not have now.

Yeah this is me too. I have a much healthier routine now than I did before marriage and kids. Getting kids to bed on time kind of forces you to be home most nights of the week, which means everything just sort of lines up around that.

I have to be honest. I eat and sleep on a pretty set schedule now and I'm probably at my thinnest weight of my life.

But I have to admit I have kids who sleep through the night and always have. All my babies did it early and the routine was pretty much set, so I can't really complain about being the sleep deprived mom.

And - I take a nap when my kids nap if I feel like I need it.

It is a different kind of exhaustion - a day of motherhood with kids, than a day at work, and I've decided it is not worth feeling guilty to take sleep when I can get it.

Malayahsmom06
by on Mar. 10, 2014 at 8:26 PM
Use to sleep 8-10 hours unless I was out partying. Now, maybe 6.
suziejax
by Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 11:53 PM

i cant remember before kids cause i was only 19 when i had my first so and now he is 19 lol 

BUT i get about 7 normaly unless I am having sleep probs like last night only had 3 hours :-(

superwoman1025
by on Mar. 11, 2014 at 12:55 AM

hello :)

according to my fit bit...i am laying down for 4-5 hours but only sleep for 2 or 3  :( most days i need a nap and i work nights....sometimes i wonder how i function!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN