Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

nonchalance towards a free-bee ... ?

Posted by on Mar. 10, 2014 at 3:44 PM
  • 7 Replies

To make a long story short

• last October I bought a 1 year membership card to a Hand car wash. 
  • Car wash has been sold.
  • New owners will honor the memberships but only until April 30th. 
  • I had 7 car washes left,
  • there was no way I was going to use them all in 2 months (they are worth $15 a pop)
  • The card has no name, therefore is transferable 

so I asked my friend if she would like a free car wash.  She was all happy and thankfull told me she'd give it back soon.  1 week, 2 weeks, 3 weeks go by, I haven't heard from her or her husband so I texted her today asking her if she went - she replied, no, not yet.  

I'm a little stunned, thing is, in the mean time, time is wasting away and my car could use a wash so I asked her if I could take it back cause I want to have my car washed.  Now I'm kinda of hesitant to give it back to her.  I don't want to lose the car washes that are left.  I'd rather give them away to co-workers or even have my car washed every week  If she's gonna sit on it for another 3 weeks ... there's only 6 weeks left on it. 

What Would You Do  ?

by on Mar. 10, 2014 at 3:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
clairewait
by Bronze Member on Mar. 10, 2014 at 8:33 PM
1 mom liked this

Offer it to someone else and when/if she asks for it tell her, "Shoot, so-and-so has it, I'll let you know when she's done."

Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Mar. 11, 2014 at 9:31 AM

I went to pick up my card after dinner, her husband apologized to me and said he didn't take the time to go,  my friend added that her car badly needs it too.  Really ?  That ticks me off, I understand that the car wash is a few minutes drive out of the way but really ? For a free-bee, I would have taken the 15-20 minutes asap... I just don't get people. 

I'm gonna go today, after this I will offer complimentary car washes to some of my co-workers if they go like TODAY.  Will keep the card to myself until I have 3 car washes left.  2 for them, 1 more for me.  When I give the card back to my friend I'll put a time limit on it.

Quoting clairewait:

Offer it to someone else and when/if she asks for it tell her, "Shoot, so-and-so has it, I'll let you know when she's done."

toopicky429
by Member on Mar. 11, 2014 at 9:36 AM
I would just use the rest myself. At least your car would look good for spring.
Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Mar. 11, 2014 at 9:41 AM

Then I'd have to go every week for the next 6 weeks, and I'd still have 1 left over !

Quoting toopicky429: I would just use the rest myself. At least your car would look good for spring.

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Mar. 11, 2014 at 1:11 PM

I would go ahead and use what I need for myself and maybe let someone else use it who was going to go in good time.

MistressMinerva
by Jennifer on Mar. 11, 2014 at 4:37 PM

I would give to someone else.

splatz
by Sarah on Mar. 12, 2014 at 5:02 PM

I would offer it to people who would be able to use them ASAP. Like if a co-worker wanted one let them take the card for the night/weekend/whatever. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)