Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

moms of girls please help!!!

Posted by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:53 PM
  • 3 Replies
Okay my daughter is 5 1/2 and has turned to a holy terror. In the last year she has lost several friends, I used to do in home daycare and we aren't doing it anymore so the kids we were watching all moved away. we no longer are allowed to see her 5 cousins anymore who she was seeing on a daily basis. And there have been two deaths in the family. I am also pregnant with another girl. DD is in school kindergarten in the morning and preschool in the afternoon and has no issues at school at all.

The issues we are having with her are she refuses to eat at home except was she wants to eat. She will sit for an hour and,a half eating half a sandwich. she wants till she gets to kindergarten to have snack they give cookies crackers pretzels goldfish and other very unhealthy food. And at preschool lunch they have healthy choices so no problem there. But then we have had to pull her out of preschool before snack time because she was filling up on so much snack that she wouldn't be hungry at dinner. but she still takes forever to eat,dinner and we have to hound her to eat.

Other issue is she is arguing with everything we say. Lying everytime we ask her something. back talking, being rude, has forgotten all manners, disobeys all rules and I mean rules we ave always had no running no hitting, she has never been a hitter but she has started hitting. And temper tantrums have come back. Its so bad I will say no running and she will look right at me and run away. And then scream when I put her in time out.

We have tried taking away privileges, toys video games, tv, trips to grandmas house. Timeouts are what we have always used and she just doesn't mind anymore now she will try and pinch or trip people going up and downstairs cause time out is on the stairs. We do not believe in spanking, WE DO NOT BELIEVE IN SPANKING! I say it twice because I need advice other than spanking. I was physically abused and have anger issues and do not trust myself to spank. We have tried giving extra chores for her age. But nothing is working.

Her behavior at church is horrible too she runs up and down the pews after service crawls on the Floor during service she wont be quiet tries to distract anyone and everyone.

Everything she is doing is to get attention we're pretty sure but my husband and I are at a loss as to what to do.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE I AM AT MY WITS END AND I MISS MY LITTLE GIRL SHE WAS SO SWEET AND A SNUGGLE BUG AND NOW SHE WANTS DADDY OR GRANDMA OR TEACHERS BUT SHE DOESN'T WANT ANYTHING TO DO WITH ME.
by on Mar. 12, 2014 at 10:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
goddess99
by Michelle on Mar. 13, 2014 at 8:44 AM

Hmm Idk, could be the baby is to why she doesn't want to be with you. I would move her time out place to on the floor facing a wall. Take things away for longer, weeks instead of days. Hopefully it's just a bad stage and she'll outgrow at least some of these behaviors soon. maybe once the new baby comes. Good luck!

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 8:54 AM

I agree with moving time-out to another place.  Try another punishment for the ones she is getting immune to.  Continue to work with her.  For church, do they have a nursery or Children's Church she can go to during the big service....also sometimes, during church I have had to take mine outside for a while and let them walk it off for a bit or offer a snack and then bring them back in.....Hope things will work out.

clairewait
by Member on Mar. 13, 2014 at 1:33 PM

Have a New Kid By Friday (Kevin Leman).

Get it now. Read it. Apply it.

(Quick read, older book, can probably find it at the library TODAY if you look.... I'm serious. It works.)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)