Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

how do you?

Posted by on Mar. 14, 2014 at 12:55 PM
  • 11 Replies

It has been 4 years since my sister has passed, and I am still having a hard time coping. Maybe it's because the anniversary of it is coming up? but lately i find myself looking at her old pictures and just remincing on our old memories together and it makes me sad! Her death was really hard on me. Anyone who has lost someone as close as a sister, how do you cope? They say it gets easier in time. But it doesn't

by on Mar. 14, 2014 at 12:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jinxed8
by Silver Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 3:09 PM

i have lost people around me that have been very close to me, I haven't lost my sister but time heals all wounds is all I can say to you.  Sorry for your loss, stay strong

virgoariesmama
by Member on Mar. 14, 2014 at 5:30 PM

Its been 11 years since I lost my cousin (he was like a brother) and its still hard on me, I was cleaning out my closet and found his sweatshirt he gave me and just held it in tears.

So sorry for your loss

pregnantmama105
by on Mar. 14, 2014 at 5:36 PM

*may have a trigger*

I lost my little sister 3 yrs ago in jan.... I still get really sad around the anniversary... it was really unexpected... day to day is better... but I still have nightmares... last time I saw her alive she was sitting in her room throwing up from the flu...

goddess99
by Michelle on Mar. 14, 2014 at 6:26 PM

I'm sorry for your loss.

fudgybuddymom
by Linda on Mar. 15, 2014 at 8:28 AM

I lost my father,mother,sister & my husband in the span of 7 yrs. For me time does make it easier. I try to stay in the present cause I have a 15yr old daughter -her father was my husband. I try to reminice about him frequently.I also talk about my parents & my sister whom she did not know. Their anniversary dates of death don't make me as sad as they did cause I celebrate their lives & choose to think they are in a very happy place and out of pain & suffering cause they each suffered gr8tly with chronic illnesses. Simple & stupid perhaps but it helps me get through these days without them!

Del672
by on Mar. 15, 2014 at 8:40 AM

4 years is not a long time.  To others it might sound long, but to us left behind, it's a heartbeat.  I went to grief councilling, I wrote in a journal.  I cried an ocean of course too.  I have found that the days leading up to those milestones, like her bd, your bd, the date she died, all the holidays and special ocassions, the days leading up to them are so hard, and when the actual day hits, it's not as bad as the days before.  Does that make sense?  Can you go to her grave?  Does anyone else in the family share your grief?  Like balloon releases etc?  I lost my youngest son...and 4 yrs into that loss, I was only JUST getting to the point of accepting he was gone forever.  It will get better Angelbabe, but maybe in another year or so.  I thought I would never survive, but you do.  For me, I rejoined the human race around the time he was gone for 6 yrs.

Tight hugs, I am really sorry for your loss.  

delanna6two
by Platinum Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 9:09 AM

Hugs...just continue to give yourself time...

Janet
by Ruby Member on Mar. 15, 2014 at 1:21 PM

I'm sorry for yor loss. (((hugs)))

celestegood
by Gold Member on Mar. 16, 2014 at 2:08 AM
Hugs, honey. I'm sorry for your loss.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
IslandGirl1013
by on Mar. 16, 2014 at 2:13 AM
I lost my dad 3 years ago and some days I still can't believe it. Time does heal because I dot get sad as much and I'm able to think about him and talk about him without crying but some days I feel off. I mostly feel bad for my mother. She's all alone in a big house now. She was married to my dad for 40 years and they did every thing together. I worry more for her because I know it's tough but she's a strong woman. My MIL told me she lost her father over 40 years ago and you never get over it but you're able to move on and feel less sad. I try to think about the good things or funny things about my dad and it definitely helps. Feel better sweetie.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)