Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mom to Mom Mom to Mom

She is NOT sexy!!!

Posted by on Mar. 16, 2014 at 2:20 AM
  • 21 Replies
My mil is staying at my place until my baby is born (hopefully within the next week or so). She keeps telling my almost 3 yo dd (in June) that she's sexy when she does some silly thing like put on some funny glasses or just walks like a normal clumsy toddler. It's really getting on my nerves! A 2 yo is very much NOT sexy and I don't want my dd repeating that she's sexy to anyone and everyone that she meets. I tell her that she's beautiful and pretty and cute, but never sexy. Being sexy is something that should be left to describe an adult, not a toddler.

What can I do or say that can get her to stop without being rude to her. I love my mil, but this is not something that I feel is appropriate to say to a little girl.
by on Mar. 16, 2014 at 2:20 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
johnny4ever
by Mrs. Depp on Mar. 16, 2014 at 7:13 AM
1 mom liked this

Does being sexy to her mean something different than our sexy?

goldilocksbecky
by on Mar. 16, 2014 at 7:15 AM
1 mom liked this

Just tell her.  

iamcafemom83
by Member on Mar. 16, 2014 at 7:17 AM
3 moms liked this
How strange. I was also going to ask if english is her first language.

If it is, tell her dd repeats everything and you don't want sexy to come flying out of her mouth. If she still does it, then it's ok to be more firm!
Junebaby18
by Member on Mar. 16, 2014 at 12:02 PM
Quoting johnny4ever:

Does being sexy to her mean something different than our sexy?

No. She says that to all her granddaughters. The one nearest to my dd is 15.
Junebaby18
by Member on Mar. 16, 2014 at 12:09 PM
Quoting iamcafemom83: How strange. I was also going to ask if english is her first language.

If it is, tell her dd repeats everything and you don't want sexy to come flying out of her mouth. If she still does it, then it's ok to be more firm!

Yep. She was born in the US. She knows she repeats everything, that's the problem.
redhead-bedhead
by on Mar. 16, 2014 at 12:18 PM
1 mom liked this
"I'm not comfortable with you referring to _ as sexy. I know you mean it in a harmless way, but that is not an adjective I want her to learn yet."
Kay300
by Member on Mar. 16, 2014 at 12:58 PM

Just say, Please don't say that, I don't want her repeating that.  

Mummy2Connor
by on Mar. 16, 2014 at 1:01 PM

BUMP!

splatz
by Sarah on Mar. 16, 2014 at 1:12 PM
1 mom liked this

I would say this! 

Quoting redhead-bedhead: "I'm not comfortable with you referring to _ as sexy. I know you mean it in a harmless way, but that is not an adjective I want her to learn yet."

goddess99
by Michelle on Mar. 16, 2014 at 4:22 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree, very inappropriate to say. Just be honest and ask her to stop saying it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)